Chapter 15- Leader

Author's Note at the End :)

April 1st, 2013:

Jiyoung had her operation yesterday and went home to Mokpo this morning to recover. Seokjin had brought her back to our dorm the night of the accident and Namjoon had gone to visit her and talk about the plan moving forward. All other trainees in our dorm were surprised to see Jiyoung crying with a beaten-up leg, as well as seeing two guys walk in.

Namjoon convinced her it was best to tell the company, even if they didn't tell the company, rumours would spread and it would be better for the company to hear it from her and not gossip. He desperately wanted her to debut with the rest of the group, but he also didn't want to see her suffer more than she needed to. He suggested the group could go to the company tomorrow and see if they could maybe postpone the debut.

We had met with the managers the next evening and it had not gone well. Namjoon had done his best to argue that Jiyoung was invaluable to the group, which we all agreed to, and that without her the group could not do as well. We all pleaded to extend our debut by just one month, but the company refused. They said they had already made paid deposits and scheduled appearances and interviews that couldn't be postponed by one month. The company simply did not have the money to spare to not debut us on the arranged date.

Jiyoung was absolutely devasted. She had worked so hard to get where she was today, to debut, yet she wouldn't be able to do it due to an injury. Even if the injury was serious, it was one she would be able to fully recover from, and she still couldn't debut with us. It was just so unfair; we were all devastated for her.

--------------------------------------------------

We were once again in manager Sejin's office, going over some final name choices and whatever other news the company had for us, especially after Jiyoung's departure.

"Ok, so, Seokjin is Jin, Yoongi is Suga, Hoseok is J-Hope, Namjoon is Rap Monster, Jimin decided to stay as Jimin, so did Jungkook and Taehyung is V," he lists, "and Y/N, you're sure you want to stay with your real name?"

"Yes, I am," I reply confidently.

"Ok, so those are your final stage names, no more changing now. The company has also finalized your name as Bangtan Sonyeondan. The concept is that you guys are fighting against-the-social-norm-and-pressure youths face. You fight the societal bullets of stereotypes and repression to protect the values and music of the youth. We'll give you guys a real definition to memorise next week," he explains to us, "Also as per the vote, Namjoon is the leader".

Everyone cheers and congratulates Namjoon. However, I was upset they had kept the male-oriented name and kept me wondering why they were stringing me along if they so obviously weren't going to debut me, especially with Jiyoung gone now.

"Why that name?" I blurt out, not thinking.

"You guys had said you were ok with the name and I think its meaning will rally a lot of young fans," Sejin replies a little irritated by my sudden outburst, "what's your issue with it Y/N?".

"Well, isn't it obvious," I chuckle dryly, "boy scouts. It seems to forget the fact that I am in the group. Is the company not going to debut me? Because if not I'd like to be told now and not the day before," I say confidently. I had already started the conversation, might as well finish it with me getting real answers.