Readers

This is super important. You should reply to some of your readers. Don't reply to as many of the comments as you can, otherwise you seem desperate, but try to answer any questions people ask. Especially reply to PMs they send you and follow them if they follow you. Don't be the arrogant author who decides to only follow people you know, follow lots of people as not only does this create possible friendships, but it also grows your account.
Don't be afraid to read other people's books if they ask you to, and feel free to give feedback as it can be very helpful for the creator!

I reply to a variety of comments and always say I will read peoples books because I show them support, and I always DO read their books because I am a true person, no one wants to give their readers the impression they are selfish liars. If you tell someone you'll read their book and then you realise you don't have much time to, just TELL THEM. Honestly, most people who ask just want feedback and will completely understand if you have a busy schedule or you are up to stuff. I am busy ALL THE TIME so reading other peoples books is a struggle, I've told people this and they say its okay so I hope I don't leave them hanging for too long. If you are struggling to read a book someone asked you to read, the best thing is to tell them WHY you are struggling to read it. Is it boring? Not your style? Badly written? Just remember not to be too critical, it's for the other persons benefit, NOT to make yourself feel better about yourself. HELP them!