☞F I F T E E N

Roselyn Belo

Monday, 10:55pm:

I put down my book and stand up, stretching out my limbs. I walk to my bathroom and begin running the water into the bathtub, adding in some bubble bath to relax my muscles. I haven't spoken to my dad nor my mom, only to my brothers but that's only been for asking the time or what they're doing; nothing important.

I skipped dinner tonight, like I had for the past few nights, because I didn't want to sit with them, they've stressed me out enough.

From Luke🚘: Hey😊

I saved his number a month after he strangely called me, him knowing I wasn't asleep must have been a coincidence, he'd text me to ask me to accompany him to the movies and I had to decline because for one, it would have been just me and him and I would not be okay with that, and for two, I actually had a date night with Nate planned.

To Luke🚘: Hi.

From Luke🚘: How are u?

To Luke🚘: Tired, how are you?

From Luke🚘: I'm tired too, what are u doing rn?

To Luke🚘: Getting ready for bed, what about you?😴

From Luke🚘: Laying in bed thinking about u..

To Luke🚘: About me?

From Luke🚘: Yes, I can't seem to get u out of my head.

To Luke🚘: I don't understand..

From Luke🚘: I like u Roselyn, how don't u understand? Was I not making the right signals on our date?

To Luke🚘: It wasn't a date.

From Luke🚘: It was to me.

I shake my head and lock my phone, throwing it onto my bed before stopping the tap water and stripping to climb into the bathtub.

Tuesday, 9:59am:

I roll over and grab my phone, sighing when I see another text from Luke which I received when I was asleep, but most importantly; a text from Nate.

From Nate💘: Good morning beautiful, hurry up and text me back so I can take you out☺️ I love you baby😘❤️

To Nate💘: Good morning, where are you taking me? I love you too😘❤️

From Nate💘: I'll tell you later, get ready and text me when you're done and I'll come pick you up😘

To Nate💘: Okay, see you later😘

I click off our messages and open Luke's message.

From Luke🚘: I've made things awkward haven't I?

To Luke🚘: Yes.

From Luke🚘: Let me make it up to you?

To Luke🚘: I can't today but there's no need, it's not a big deal.

I put down my phone and get up to change into blue denim shorts, a beige knitted sweater and my white high top converse. I throw my hair up into a bun, brush my teeth and wash my face before applying some light, natural make up to my face.