~|chapter 9|~

~/Shot Through the Heart\~
Syre

    Syre screamed. No. She didn’t scream. She screeched. The glass on the side of the bed that was previously filled with water, shattered. The entire ship rumbled. Syre scratched Rhys, shoving him off of her, he claws fully extended. She was fuming. Fear crossed both of the men’s faces. She smirked for a moment before starting to sing, again. 

Hies nz wuodi cipievj vji tie
smiiqoph pux tu qiedigammz
av vji cuvvun ug vji tie
smiiq gus emm ivispovz
seomust mowi tu sitvmittmz
cuni xovj ni, tmiiq qiedigammz
lotvip vu vjot tosip't tuph
wussz puv gus puvjoph't xsuph
liv nz wuodi mief zua vjot xez
i xomm puv mief zua etvsez
tsatv ni et xi siedj vji tofi
janqoph uav xjisi nip jewi foif
hies nz wuodi cipievj vji tie
smiiqoph pux tu qiedigammz
av vji cuvvun ug vji tie
smiiq gus emm ivispovz
liv vji udiep gomm zuas mapht
svsahhmi puv, tuup qiedi xomm duni
teloph op zuas gopem csievj
sopl fuxp vu vji udiep't fiqvjt
"i xotj i duamf emxezt ci
ip vji udiep't esnt, zua tii"
hi xju'f xepvif puvjoph nusi
smiiqt pux ev vji udiep gmuus
odiep xet zuas muwis't peni
yua jef muwif jis emm vji teni
nux zua'mm emxezt ci vuhivjis
sosipt esi tu wisz dmiwis
hies nz wuodi cipievj vji tie
smiiqoph pux tu qiedigammz
av vji cuvvun ug vji tie
smiiq gus emm ivispovz

    As Syre sang, the ocean seemed to rise. Waves became choppy and uneven. The moonlight flickered slightly as if something was drawing its light. The two men stared at Syre, Unable to look away as she sang. Somewhere up on the top deck, a girl jumped off of the ship and into the choppy water, not caring if it stung her skin. She swam to shore and watched as the ship sailed away, slicing through the water. The moon started to flicker and cast a shadow upon the drenched girl’s face. The boat stopped moving, only drifting in the slight current. She could see a ghostlike figure holding a lethal dagger in their hand, the crew of the ship dropped like flies until the being dove off of the gangplank and into the sea. A song rose over the horizon as the siren broke the surface of the water. 
    Syre glanced towards the shore and stared at Forest. She blinked tears from her eyes before pushing her hands against the current, temporarily redirecting it until the ship sailed off into the fog. Syre’s vision started to go fuzzy and she stopped singing. She locked eyes with a sobbing Forest, who was sitting on the edge of a flimsy bridge crossing the river. Syre sighed, her heart aching for the girl as she swam up to her. 
    “Foresht?” The girl looked up as Syre said her name. Tears still dripped down her face, falling into the water. Syre pulled herself up so that she was resting on her elbows, on the side of the bridge between Forest's legs. She stared at Forest’s eyes, Forest staring back. “No… Stay…” Syre wracked her brain for the few words that Forest had taught her. 
    Before Syre could turn and swim away, she felt Forest’s hand on her arm, stopping her. Both girls stared at each other for a moment before Forest looked down at the water, at Syres tail. 
    “Beautiful…” Syre didn’t know what Forest had said but it must have been something nice because Syre felt bubbles explode in her stomach as Forest pulled Syre into a hug, wrapping her arms tightly around the siren. Syre smiled a bit before wrapping her arms around Forest. They sat there, hugging each other as the sun rose and warmed their skin.

~/2 Years Later\~

    Syre woke up and stretched her arms wide, a smile plastered on her face. The sun beamed through the small window of her wooden home. She sat up, swinging her legs off of the bed and glancing into the glass case that held a small note and an allium. 

    I missed you so I brought this back for you ♡