~Chapter 10~

/×\Our Ruined Dynasty/×\

Forest

-Two Weeks earlier-

I knew, whatever happened, today would be the day, of any day that the Tribe would come after me, or someone I loved, I was locking my dragon away for that reason, distancing myself from my country, my people, the girl I lo- no. I don't love her, I cannot love her, I refuse to endanger her like that,

'Why…'

I couldn't feel like this, it'll just set me back.

'But it's her... we want her…'

I can't let myself fall.

'It would be alright though wouldn't it?' 

No.

'As Long as we have her…'

\-Present day-/

The leaves tugged at my hair, the thorns ripping into my clothing, I knew they would attack, I knew it wasn't truly Nainx that shot my Syre,

'⋔⊬ ⌇⊬⍀⟒…'

I felt bad lying to her, but I couldn't tell her the truth, I couldn't tell her it was their arrow, their poison, I certainly couldn't tell her it was my fault they shot her.

'All my fault…'

The dead of night began to set in, I froze, shivers going down my spine as movement rustled in the bushes behind me, no..infront- everywhere..

'Your fault..'

'Your fault..'

'Kill them.'

'They hurt her.'

Darkness enveloped me as a dart met my neck, a rough net thrown aggressively over me.

'...'

'...'

"Why do the Elders want her anyway?" A tall cloaked man asked his partner,

"Do you not remember you fool! This is Forest Finis! Dascars girl." The man's dark eyes widened, was this seriously the girl they had grown up with? She didn't look like it, she had no wings, no visible end skin -they had refused their rules to check under the girls mask-. There was no way this girl was her, this girl was a woman, whom seemed collected, sensible, grown-up, not the erratic, clueless niave Finis girl, this wasn't the girl who sent Dascar Malicon on a rampage after she fell out of a tree under the supervision of another pillager, this girl didn't soften Dascar Malicon, this woman isn't a murderer, this woman.. she was innocent, unworthy of the torture from the Elders.

"Gilo. Mandin." Both pillagers looked up in shock, 

"Niro! What are you doing here! What about the Elders!?" Niro chuckled in response, 

"Gilo, Gilo, Gilo, chillax, Dali is with the Elders right now, they are dealing with Malicon, however I was requested to escort you two, and our lovely guest to the Basish camp and not the vein camp." Both men nodded, Niro walking over to the netted girl, taking her mask off and placing a gentle hand on her cheek, "she hides her face with a mask, she fears her people will dislike her for who she is, her concern for others opinions is vast, she hasn't changed at all. How… dear.." The brunette flinched at his contact but did not arise from the sedation. "Let's go." He picked her limp body up and walked ahead, Gilo and Mandin following closely behind.