Chapter 2

**The Next Day**

I was again at the store with Edgar and Alan. We spent the whole day standing around the counter and reading and looking at comic books. It was getting late and I wanted to go home.

"I'm gonna go home," I informed them.

"No. You're staying here." Edgar replied.

"Why?!?" I protested. He was going to answer until the same new guy walked in from yesterday.

"Hey, guys" Alan interrupted, and we all turned around to see the show off.

"Notice anything... Unusual... About Santa Carla yet?" Alan asked, as we walked parallel on separate isles from each other.

"No... Kts a pretty cool place," new kid started. "If you're a marsion."

"Or a vampire," Edgar said.

The guy just smiled and said, "are you guys sniffing on newsprint or something?"

I broke in, "You really think you know what's going on around here, don't you? Well, I'll tell you, you don't know shit, buddy." I just had to. This guy is annoying.

Alan glanced at me quick then said, "Yeah, you think we just work at this comic book store for our folks, huh?"

"Actually, I thought if was a bakery." The guy tried to be funny. I rolled my eyes. I had learned long ago that vampires were real. And Edgar and Alan thought I had learned that from them...

"This is just our cover," Edgar said, braking me from my thoughts. "We're dedicated to a higher purpose. We're fighters for truth, justice, and the American way." Edgar finished.

"Alright," show off breathed and started to walk away.

"Here man, read this," Edgar tried, once again, to give him a vampire comic.

"I told ya, I don't like horror comics," he turned Destroy All Vampires down.

"Think of it more as a survival manual," Alan said. ''Here's our number on the back. And pray... That you never need to call us. "

"Oh, I'll pray," he said. There was so much sarcasm in his voice, you could tell it from a mile away.

(Yeah, bad comparison, oh well)

Bit this time, he actually took the book.

I hope this ends up okay...