Legacy

Just as Rogers was making his point, Laura Barton then asked Stark if he could help to fix their tractor.

Tony's POV

I approach the old broken tractor, things look deserted. "Hello, Deere" I examine the tractor. "Tell me everything. What ails you?"

"Do me a favor."

Of course, the old black Captain Eye-Patch followed me. I turn to my side and see him walking toward me. "Try not to bring it to life."

"Why, Ms. Barton, you little minx. I get it. Maria Hill called you, right? Was she ever not working for you?"

"Artificial intelligence. You never even hesitated."

"Look, it's been a really long day, like Eugene O'Neill long so how's about we skip to the part where you're useful."

"Look me in the eye and tell me you're going to shut him down."

"You're not the director of me."

"I'm not the director of anybody" he turns around and takes a seat on a stack of hay. "I'm just an old man who cares very much about you."

"And I'm the man who killed the Avengers" I simply say, making him confused. "I saw it. I didn't tell the team, how could I? I saw them all dead, Nick. I felt it. The whole world, too. It's because of me. I wasn't ready. I didn't do all I could."

"Your son, Lucas. he's working you, Stark. And for good reason.

"How do you know about him?" No one was supposed to know about Lucas, not even Pepper. "We've had surveillance on him for years. He was just as good as Natasha and that worries me. He is messing with your mind. Playing on your fear." 

"I wasn't tricked, I was shown," I say, ignoring the fact that he had been watching my son cause let's be honest, when does he not watch us. "Wasn't a nightmare, it was my legacy. The end of the path I started us on."

"You come up with some pretty impressive inventions, Tony," he says, getting up, but I turn away. "War isn't one of them."

"I watched my friends die. I watched my son fight against me. You'd think that'd be as bad as it gets, right? Nope. It wasn't the worst part."

"The worst part is that you didn't."

Thor's POV

I walk outside of the University of London with a hooded jacket, I shall not draw attention to myself. I see found Doctor Erik Selvig outside leave the building with students. "I like the look," he tells me. "If you're going for inconspicuous though, near miss."

"I need your help," I tell him.

"It's nice to be needed."

"It's dangerous."

"I'd be disappointed if it wasn't."

Steve's POV

"Ultron took you, folks, out to play to buy himself time," Fury tells us. "My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with. I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" I ask.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though."

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asks.

"Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare."