Avengers: Rise of Loki

Plot: When Thor's evil brother, Loki, escaped from Asgard and regains his powers, he sets his cold-hearted plans to freeze New York City into motion, and the world won't be too far behind! Forced, Tony, Thor, Clint, and the rest of the Avengers reassemble. As the fate of New York hangs in the balance, the team must stop them while battling Frost Giants.

Luke's POV

I was running a few blocks with Steve, we've been doing it every morning for a few weeks, though I don't know why, he always manages to leave me in the dust

I was running a few blocks with Steve, we've been doing it every morning for a few weeks, though I don't know why, he always manages to leave me in the dust. Sam warned me about that.

2 Weeks ago

"On your left," Steve tells me.

"No, don't do that!"

Last Week

"On your left" Steve passes me

"I said don't do say that! Sam told me about that!"

Now

"On you left!" Steve tells me again.

Okay, that's enough. I know using my powers is kinda cheating, but he's technically using his as well. I let out a blast of psionic energy onto the ground to throw myself up in the air, and a second blast to slow my momentum as I approach the ground in front of Steve.

I win. "On your front" I joke, taking a seat on a nearby tree. "This is supposed to be a morning jog, not a morning flight" Steve crosses his arms.

"Hey, you used your powers, I just used mine."

"The point of this was to get you back into the world" Steve offers his hand out and lifts me up. "You can't spend your entire life fighting battles, trust me. You're 14, don't you think it's time to start acting like it?"

"I don't know how to" I shrug. I've been in a HYDRA prison my whole life, wasting away, killing people, and going on missions, I don't know what teenagers are supposed to do. "I literally just started seeing the world a few weeks ago. How am I supposed to act like I'm 14 if I don't even know where to start?"

"I'm sorry, kid. Bet if you asked your dad, he'd be more than happy to help. How you guys doing anyway?"

"Well, he's trying to talk. I...really, I don't know anything at this point, it's like my whole world changed in a matter of days. I'm in a team with the people I used to hate, and the man I thought was responsible for ruining my life is trying to fix it. I just feel like everything's changed and somehow I'm not settling."

"I know how it is," Steve tells me. "But you can't keep fighting hoping it'll make you feel like you belong, these don't define you" Steve pulls down the collar of my shirt to see one of my bruises from HYDRA.

"Tell you what, we're both new to the world, why don't I try and find us both something to do? Something fun?"

"I don't know your definition of fun, Steve."