Live Your Life

Luke's POV

Luke's POV

I don't know how, but Steve and my dad were actually able to get me out of the compound and onto the streets. There were a lot of teenagers and a lot of stores. I just shoved my hands in my pocket and let Steve and Dad show me around.

I was walking down the street behind them, looking around. The buildings were tall, not that it surprised me. It was just all a new world, and I really don't wanna get lost in the crowd. I just wanna stick with what I know...which is actually...nothing.

I feel someone grab the collar of my jacket and pull me back. I was so lost in thought, I didn't notice I was about to walk into oncoming traffic. "Watch where you're going," Dad tells me. "Yeah," I mumble, staring at the ground.

"Why don't we go down to the Ice Cream shop? You can try that for the first time" Steve suggested. I shrug. "You feeling alright?" my dad asks, putting his hand on my shoulder. "I'm fine" I move away from his touch.

"Let's go!" Steve turns the other way and we follow. I look around at the big place. How am I, a telepath assassin, supposed to fit into the real world? "Kid, you sure you okay?" Tony asks.

"I'm fine!" I mumble angrily.

"No, you're not. What's wrong?"

"I'm new, okay? I don't know the first thing about this. I was raised to kill, not walk the streets, eat ice cream...have a family."

"Well...you do now" Steve grabs my shoulder. "We're both new, so we'll explore together, sound good?"

"Yeah, sounds good." He pulls me into a hug, but I don't hug him back. I just let him hug me. "Now come on, kid," Dad tells me. "Let us introduce you to the best thing of your life: Ice Cream." 

We enter the ice cream shop. "What flavor, kid?"

"I don't know, chocolate?"

"Alright, one chocolate, one vanilla, and one-"

"Neapolitan" my dad finishes. Steve stares at him, but he just shrugs. "Neapolitan" the star-spangled man repeats with a sigh. When we get our ice cream, we find a table. "Alright, kid, go ahead."

I take a cup of Ice Cream and take a lick. Wow! My eyes widen as I take a few more licks. I even try to bite. It's cold but I could care less. This is amazing! I've never tasted anything like this before. "Careful, kid, you'll get a brain freeze."

"My brain will freeze happily." As I stuff my mouth, my smile widens as I laugh. I have never tasted anything this good in my life. I look up and see Steve and Dad smiling at me. "What?"

"We've just. never heard you laugh before" my dad grins. "Or smile" Steve adds. I just playfully roll my eyes and dig into my ice cream. Maybe this whole teenager thing won't be so bad after all.

After I had maybe...2 cups and a brain freeze, they took me to the movies, where I learned more about Batman, Superman, and this fictional group of superheroes called the Justice League in "DC." What does that stand for?

"So, what do you think?" Steve asks.

"I liked it, but it feels like a knockoff of the Avengers. A superhuman, a billionaire superhero, a god not from earth."

"Wonder Woman isn't a god, but the kid's got a point," Dad says. "Unfortunately, they were created before the Avengers, but no one's accused us so that's good. Now...there's a right of passage every teenager must do."

They took me to the mall.

"This is a right of passage for teenagers?"

"No, your dad's just being him."

Well, I actually do need some new clothes so I'm not complaining. They led me to a few stores, they bought me some new clothes, a few jackets, ripped jeans, and purple shirts. "Hey, kid, what about this?" My dad holds up a black denim jacket.

"Looks cool. Where's Steve?"

"He went to get you something special. So...how you liking your 'Declassified Life Survival Guide?'"

"Ha, thanks for this, I've never done anything like this before."

"Well, superheroes deserve a life as well, especially teenage superheroes. Remember that. Just promise me you won't go all 'DC Injustice Damian Wayne' against me."

"DC what?"

"Oh, kid. So much to learn, so little time" Tony grabs my shoulder jokingly, making me laugh. Only a little. "Then maybe this can help" Steve walks in. He opens his bag and shows a notebook. "I have one, now you do. I write down a list of items, people, and events in order to become better acquainted with the modern world. Maybe it can help you do the same."

"Thanks, Steve."

"Don't worry kid, we know this is a lot for you, but don't worry, we'll help you through it. And the bright side. There's no big thing to keep you guys busy." 

"Yet" Steve raises an eyebrow.

"Way to be a mood killer" I snicker. My dad nudges my shoulder with a grin. "I'm sorry, but I'm right. Evil never rests, it's only a matter of time before the next big thing comes."

Loki's POV

"I don't care for excuses! You told me you'd have it working by now!" My minions were working slowly. I need this machine ready before I need the Avengers to get involved in my quest for my rightful throne.

"This work requires patience," one tells me. "You're asking us to cross dimensions and bring a different alien race and a blizzard. This requires patience.

"A god does not wait." My glorious purpose awaits me. I shall descend on my throne. "We should be finished in a few hours."

"Well, then, I should begin my attack on the Avengers. If the time comes, I might need the most powerful on my side.

I'm Back! Now a lot is about to go down so I wanted to give Luke a fluffy little moment with his daddy and his uncle, wasn't it cute? But forget them, let's talk about the MCU for a minute. RDJ COMING BACK AS DOOM?! EXCUSE ME?!? The immense trauma door that just opened for Luke, y'all have no idea 'cause we already know the boy's gonna lose his daddy! Imagine having to square up to something that looks just like the father you lost after such a complicated relationship, I would crash out. But y'all, I got so many ideas for Luke, so many original stories for him, and y'all will not believe where his story goes after Endgame. And why is Agatha All Along giving me so many ideas? Cause suddenly I'm urging to write an interaction with Luke and Teen...once Teen's identity is revealed and he BETTER stays alive or I will burn the MCU, I'm not even playing. I think I'm just now realizing that to finish this story, I have to rewatch the majority of the MCU projects...maybe that's why I can't finish the Core Four 3...cause I don't wanna rewatch season 3...nevermind, that's a different story. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.