chapter 10

I know it has been awhile but personal, mental and academic stuff has been in the way. So much has happened over since my last update, and I have had no motivation to do anything, yet alone write, and I'm really sorry! You guys deserve better!
Anyway! Any ideas for the beast let me know, I know what I want him to look like, but I want your guy's input!

If you see any mistakes PLEASE let me know!!
Thanks for reading!

Updated 2-15-17

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After two excruciatingly long weeks, Antoine finally made it to the City. Both him and Pivoine were hungry and exhausted. After finding a questionable hotel with an even more questionable stable, Antoine made his way down to his old lawyers firm to discuss business. At the end of the meeting, he knew it was a waste coming back. The ship was ransacked by pirates, and had been destroyed by 2 storms. He had 1/4 the shipment that was was supposed to have, yet he still had to pay the sailors left their long overdue wages. He had no money to repair the boat that was barely floating in the dock, and he doubted anyone would buy it. In the end he had just enough to pay everything off, buy one simple dress, and one small necklace. And barely enough food to travel back home. But he couldn't find a rose, or even a simple rose bush seeds for his sweet Belle, even if he could afford it, it was too close to winter, if the quickly cooling weather was any indecation.
Antoine hoped that she wouldn't be too upset, but he just didn't want to disappoint her by getting what her sisters wanted, but not what his Belle wanted.

When he finally got his affairs together, another two weeks had gone by. He was able to get someone to buy most of the lumber from the ship, but most was scrap. And everything but one bolt of water stained pink silk was sold from the shipment. However, it was nowhere near what he had originally thought he would get. Antoine was praying for at least some profit from this but it looked like he would be barely scraping by.

~~~~~~~

Going home was harder than leaving.

Before Antoine had hope, he had promise. The thought of having some money to make his girls happy kept him going, kept his head clear. But now, he had no idea how he was going to face his girls and tell them there was no money. Just a bolt of water stained silk. Before he was clear headed, now he was stuck in his mind on what he did wrong, why did he deserve this? What good would do this to his follower? Hasn't he gone through enough? He was a good person; one that tried to be the best man that he could be and treat everyone fairly. He knew that he was clamming up like he was before, but stopping it was like stopping a raging river, one with an unforgiving force. So it was no surprise when he took a wrong turn, finding himself lost in a densely packed forest. Even worse, the small drizzle earlier that day came back with a steady rainfall, that turned into, freezing, pouring rainstorm.

Antoine had no idea where he was, and the bite of cold rain had kept him coherent. He if he and Pivoine did not find shelter soon, they may freeze to death by morning.

He tried to find the main road, but he soon found himself lost, his map completely useless. His worn cloak was warm, but the rain found its way into the small hole his neck, Soaking his clothes beneath.

Just as he had given up hope, Antoine spotted a tall, rusted gate, guarded on each side by thick stone walls. Beyond the gate, an old causeway leading to a large structure obscured by thick rain and fog. Antoine called out to see if anyone was by the gate, but nothing answered back but the sound of rain hitting stone.

After gathering his courage, he tried the gate to see if it was open. With a loud squeak and a hard push, the rusted gate opened, just as the sound of a lone howl of a hungry wolf reached his ears. It was all the motivation Antoine needed to walk in and shut the gate with another loud squeak. He took Pivoine's reins, and headed to the formidable structure ahead.