Chapter 10 - 1/4

Luka's PoV

I think I'm too madaldal? In the GC. 'Freshie Squadie', Ayala made it and made five of us members; Me, North, Red, Ricky, and Ayala herself.

I keep asking for a Tagalog version of random English words, but those words are not–not important since I ask it for clarification. Like I don't even know that boiling is the English word for 'kumukulo'? Kasaysayan is annoying!

I'm still on the campus doing absolutely everything that I could think of—for credentials of course. And speaking of the unfortunate, Why's beyond the other half of the campus since I distributed our work equally...not that 'equally', I put more work to Why's to-do, so that I can't see his face wandering around while I work.

And oh! I put something behind his to-do list... :P —A colon with a capital 'P' then I also put how stupid he was

It will annoy him for sure. He hates things like those, vandalizing his personal things, his papers. It's not even vandalization, I just put 'belat face', if that's what they call it, on the back...keyword, 'back' of the paper. But it's better, I get to annoy him. Just like how he annoys me.

I suddenly realized something that made me slightly worried. "Can we be friends, just in this activity?" I remember him saying it last time.

But nah! Putting belat faces wouldn't be a bother. And no, we will never be friends, in your unfortunate dream.

After montages of me cleaning, I took a break. I'm inside the cafeteria, sitting, eating fries that aren't french and a can of zero coke. Although, I have so much more to do, like five more in my to-do list.

The sunlight penetrates the window so clearly, very sunny, I feel like I'm about to melt. I'm a hundred percent sure that it will not rain. The weather forecast said so.

I'm currently staring at my fries...it suddenly becomes dark, and my surroundings suddenly dim. I heard a thunder strike outside that piqued my attention. When I looked out, gray clouds had already devoured the sun.

Another thing piqued my attention, or not a thing. A person with a familiar haircut walks inside. I'm alone in the cafeteria since everyone but film students have classes this time, alongside the cafeteria crews, and this boy hops inside.

Our eyes met. I almost vomited because I saw what is not to be seen. I saw Why that is supposedly in the other half of the campus. I quickly grabbed my fries and stuff and with no hesitation, left through the other door.

But before even leaving outside the roof, a droplet poured in front of me. And came more and more until it started raining.

Okay-

Seeing some students running for their lives to not be soaked in the rain outside. I can feel the wet tiny monsoon coming to me. So I came back to my seat and wandered my mind into nothing. Of course, I don't have an umbrella, where should I go?

A sudden lightning strike not near that made me jump from the chair. My hair stood. I'm not even scared, what's with the shock.

My eyes returned to where Why is standing, at the counter. Our faces met that caused my eyes to widen before quickly looking at my fries like nothing happened.

I saw him receiving the food he bought. I felt like he was looking at me so I turned around with my chair facing near the door.

I side-eyed him, he just sat and continued to sit then started eating what he bought. I don't know but I feel annoyed, maybe because of his presence. This is weird...Why isn't he annoying me? I mean why is he even here?

I went to the counter to see what he was doing. "Ice cream, rocky road." I spoke to the counter. I'm still side-eyeing him.

"Eto po 'yong Colecta na ice cream," the crew said which I ignored. Why is just sitting, he looks peaceful while scrolling through his phone.

"Bente po." I look back to the counter, I almost forgot.

"What's bente?" I heard a chuckle from my back after what I asked.

"Twenty po." Yes, I forgot, twenty. The Tagalog of Twenty is bente...Isn't that spanish? I gave him twenty pesos before confronting the one who chuckled behind.

Moving the chair aggressively to Why's tables, it makes me look like I'm in irritation. Well, I am. I look at his face, even seeing the trace of his smile a minute ago. "What's funny?" I asked that made him look at me.

"Wala, ah...nakakatawa kasi 'yong nasa phone ko." He reasoned then eyed back to his phone.

"What's on your phone?"

"Wala nga." He reasoned again. It irritates me so much—He irritates me.

Silent comes while only the rain noises. "...What are you doing here?" I asked with fading annoyance.

"'Di mo ba nakikita, I'm eating oh?" I got bummed out by his answer. I mean, not here—In the cafeteria but here—on the other side of the campus.

"No, why are you here? Hindi ba, you're in the kabilang side ng...campus?" He chuckled again to my question even though there's nothing to be laughing about.

"Ikaw, bakit ka ganyan magsalita?" He confronted me despite my questions. I narrowed my eyes, I bet he knows I'm irritated now.

"Don't change the topic...Why are you here nga!? Here on the other side of the campus. 'Di ba, I told you to stay sa may field, so why are you here?" He was looking at his phone the whole time of my speech.

I suddenly smack the table out of anger. There, I took his attention...and all the staff. They are staring at me now.