famous

my mouth drops open as i'm taken aback.

"ness!" elijah moves her away from him and looks at me. he looks surprised himself like he wasn't just expecting to be kissed.

to save myself from anymore embarrassment i hurry to leave the venue. i look to my left and right not knowing where to go.

"ameena! ameena please wait!" his voice turns me around. i haven't even had a second to process how i was feeling.

"let me explain. please."

i find it hard to look at him now but i try my best. i raise my brows waiting for him to talk.

"i'm so sorry, i didn't know she was going to do that. i didn't even know she was here." he explains and i frown at his words. it sounds like they're quite familiar with each other.

"you called her ness, do you know her or do you kiss all of your fans?" i ask sounding more sarcastic than i intended. "no i don't kiss my fans...well i have on the cheek before but that's not the point, the point is...yes i do know her. vanessa's...vanessa's my ex." elijah nervously rants.

"what?! the beautiful, gorgeous, cool girl at the bar is your ex?!" i blurted out. he narrowed his eyes. "that's a lot of adjectives. do you know her?"

"i met her at the bar like a little while ago. she said you were sexy, i didn't know she was your ex!" i cross my arms. that changes things. she's not this cool girl i met at the bar anymore.

"we broke up two years ago. we're just really close." he adds. "yeah i can tell." i'm full on sarcastic now.

"we've been friends since childhood. ameena it won't happen again i swear. i haven't seen her in months, i really didn't know she was here. ask any of my friends." he keeps trying to reassure me.

i'm quiet taking all of this new information in. do i believe him? do i even trust him? i'm still getting to know him. i don't trust him. i don't even know who he really is.

i start to overthink.

"ameena!" vanessa calls my name as she comes up to us. "i'm so sorry, i didn't know eli was dating anyone right now. you don't have to worry about me, i'll keep my lips to myself from now on." she laughs at herself.

a part of me didn't think this was that big of a deal. i wasn't dating elijah, i just have a crush on him.

"don't worry about it, it just caught me off guard...that's all." i look at the both of them and picture them together. they definitely make more sense than elijah and i do. we're so different and they look perfect together.

i wonder what their relationship was like.

we all take turns awkwardly staring at each other in silence. i didn't have anything to say really.

"well at least we know he has a thing for gorgeous women." vanessa says specifically to me and not him. she winks at me catching me even more off guard. flirting with me in front of eli? how bold.

"thanks for the shot." i remember to thank her. "anytime." her flirtatious tone awakens another part of myself. the gay part.