Chapter Twenty-Three

(A few weeks later)

"Hey guys." I smiled as I sat down at our lunch table.

"Hey Emily!" They all said back to me.

"What's up?" I ask, not speaking to anyone in general.

"Well we had a test in history today." Lauren said and rolled her eyes.

"And in Chemistry." Dylan added.

"Great." I laughed sarcastically, "now I have something to look forward to."

"Definitely." Dylan laughed.

My eyes trailed over to Kylie to see her looking over at Dylan and then back at me and she didn't look to happy with me... What's going on?

Then I looked over at Cole and Vanessa sitting next to and talking to each other. Vanessa was smiling big as Cole was telling her I'm guessing some kind of story.

"I'll be right back." I laugh, "I'm gonna get a water."

"Hold on I'm gonna get one to." Dylan said as I stood up.

"Okay." I smiled and waited for him.

We began walking to waters and grabbed one out of the cooler. As we started checking out, Dylan said "Hey... Uh can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure!" I smile, "what's up?"

"Umm do you think Vanessa likes Cole?" He asked quietly, stopping so we stay far from the table, "or has she said anything about him? Because Coles really into her and he's to scared to make a move."

I quickly glance at Vanessa and Cole at the lunch table to see their eyes glued on each other. Then my eyes trail off to Lauren and Kylie.

Lauren's back was to us and I could tell she was talking from all her hand gestures but Kylie's eyes were locked on Dyan and I.

"Wait really?" I smile excitedly as I faced Dylan again, "he likes her?"

"Yeah. He talks about her all the time." Dylan chuckled, "I mean he's my best friend but it can get annoying at times."

"Well tell him..." I smirked, "but you didn't hear this from me... That he should make a move. I think he will like the outcome if he does."

"Sweet." Dylan smirked and we started walking back to our table.

We soon sit down and act like nothing really happened. The girls (well Lauren, Kylie and I... Vanessa is kind of in her own world right now) and Dylan started talking about different random stuff and how we just wished that school was over.

"I just want to graduate." Lauren's sighed, resting her chin in her palm.

"what are your plans after college?" Kylie asked, looking at me.

"I want to stay in California for sure." Dylan said.

"I wasn't talking to you." Kylie said then looked at me.

Calm down. I thought to myself, he's right next to me you thought it was him and don't you like this boy? Try being nice.

"Oh sorry." Dylan grumbled and then looked at me when Kylie repeated her question.

"I think I'm going to school in Florida." I smiled widely, thinking about Austin and I's plans.

"With Austin?" Lauren asked with a smile and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Maybe." I blushed, "he said as soon as we graduated we could go anywhere."

"Awwww!" Lauren smiled.