Chapter 14

ZEKE

Oops! Growling in my sleep and spooning her even if I promised to keep on my side of the bed. Not the best way to wake her up...but it sure as hell was the best way for me to wake up. I think it's best to act like it was nothing.

Yep, that's what I'll do.

I hear the water running. I guess she's taking a shower. She better not take a bath on her own.

After a while, I hear the blow-dryer, and then she opens the door slowly. She peeks her head out and hurries into the closet with the towel wrapped around her. I follow her every move and swallow hard. She closes the door behind her and I walk toward the bathroom.

"I'm taking a shower!" I shout to Hope. I strip down and step into the shower. The thought of her being naked in here just a moment ago causes my wolf to growl and some limbs getting harder.

Fuck! I need to think of something else or I'll jump her in the closet.

I manage to cool down with a cold shower, wrap the towel around my waist and step out of the bathroom. Hope sits on the sofa, dressed and waiting. She's wearing black leggings and a royal blue hoodie which brings her blue eyes out even more. She stares at my body up and down. My towel hangs pretty low and water is still dripping from my hair and down on my body. I hope I have the same effect on her that she has on me even if I haven't marked her yet.

When she notices that I caught her staring, she quickly looks down and blushes. I smile to myself and walk into the closet. I put on blue, stonewashed jeans and a black t-shirt that hugs my muscles, then walk into the bathroom again and comb back my hair and spray some cologne over my body.

"Ready for breakfast?" I ask Hope as I step out of the bathroom.

She nods and I grab her hand.

In the kitchen, they're all having breakfast. Even Ben and Ryan are here. They've been having breakfast with us since we started at Hope's school since we ride together...or me in my truck and the rest of them in Chris's car just in case I need to go and take care of some pack business after school.

Chris mind-links me, "What's gotten you so happy this morning?"

I wasn't aware that the humming in my head could be heard through the mind-link.

"Nothing. Mind your own business."

"Did someone have a good night?" Ryan teases.

"Fuck you! We just slept in the same bed and I kind of spooned her in my sleep and growled when she tried to get out of bed."

They all laugh, and I'm glad that Hope can't hear us.

We eat up and I grab mine and Hope's backpacks in one hand and her hand in the other. We walk to my truck and I lift her inside again. Evelyn rides with Chris and the guys.

Hope sits looking out of the window and fiddle nervously with her fingers.

I grab her hand while driving with the other. "Hey, it's going to be ok. I've got you. We all do."

She gives me a small, nervous smile, but seems a little calmer.

We arrive at school and Chris parks his car next to mine. I go around the car and lift Hope out. She pulls her hood up, like she wants to hide.

I wrap my arms around her. "You're okay. I'm right here." I take her hand and our backpacks again and walk toward the entrance. The others walk behind us.

I'm still pissed how everyone in this fucking school have been treating my mate, my Luna. Especially the teachers that should've noticed how she felt and helped her.