Chapter 7: Intoxicating Sensation

Hari was the next to try after seeing the twins fail to recover Amara. But he had to face Apo Mumbaki with his life on the line. Unlike the twins, who were better at wielding weapons than sorcery, Hari is a master of the latter.

He read from the books that Mumbakis are vulnerable to light sorcery, so he held his hand in front facing the Apo Mumbaki, and then he chanted a spell:

"Apolaki, hear my prayer!In this world full of darkness and danger,I beg you to destroy evil with your power! "

Hari's hand produced a vast golden magic circle, and from that magic circle sprang arrows of golden light that flew quickly to strike Raha Sitan.

The Apo Mumbaki, to Hari's amazement, did not flinch; he only laughed amusingly at Hari's mahika.

The glowing arrows failed to scratch him and can't even get close since everything disintegrated in the air in a second.

"Not bad," Raha Sitan remarked softly, "but your mahika isn't very consistent. You need to meditate more and clear your mind. I also think you were too frightened when you attacked me; you need to relax next time."

Hari was caught aback by Apo Mumbaki's comments. Even though Hari despised it, what the Raha Sitan said was correct. Hari was apprehensive, and he hadn't meditated in over a month. But why is he speaking to Hari in this manner?

Then it was Lakam's turn to attack with a bolo. "Don't even think about touching my sister!"

But Raha Sitan only gave him a sidelong glance before saying, "Stay down," and Lakam's body fell to the ground with a loud thud. Despite his best efforts, he was unable to move his body.

Raha Sitan's gaze then shifted to Bagani Hiraya. "Don't get in my way, Bagani, or we'll have another war of light and darkness," he warned.

Bagani's teeth were clenched. The Apo Mumbaki's threat was serious, and everyone knew he wasn't joking.

When Raha Sitan turned to look at Amara, his solemn expression softened.

Amara, on the other hand, was so out of her mind that she forced herself to stand up, but she still couldn't move, and it wasn't until now that she realized how much pain her chest was in.

Amara clenched her fists against her chest, smearing her cream-colored blouse with her own blood. She gasped for air and screamed in an attempt to relieve the stabbing pain she was experiencing. However, when she found herself in the arms of Raha Sitan, she almost stopped breathing.

With Raha Sitan so close, she couldn't help but notice how his delicate scent lingered in her nose. His scent was fresh and floral, with a hint of sweetness. It is without a doubt the smell of sampaguita, which bloomed magnificently during the spring season.

It had nothing to do with the odor Amara had anticipated. It was gentle and treacly to Amara's nose, making her want to inhale more of it. But she came to a halt when she remembered that the person who smelled so good was the novel's antagonist.

Raha Sitan held Amara carefully and gazed at her with ambiguous, gentle eyes. His other hand then rested on Amara's chin.

Amara couldn't put her finger on what she was experiencing right now. She realized that the longer she stared at him, the more her heart ached, as if it was being squeezed too tightly. She couldn't take the pain any longer and sobbed and screamed in front of him.

Raha Sitan raised an eyebrow. "I must have been the source of your pain, my wife."

Amara has no idea what he's talking about, but she admires the way he blames himself so openly.