Chapter 40 [The Hidden Tribe Arc]: Longing

Mature Content Warning:
This chapter may contain mature scenes that are not suitable for children. If you are easily offended or are under the age of 18, please skip this chapter now. This chapter is intended for adults only and may include scenes of sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter may include scenes of Sexual Violence or Rape, that readers might find harmful and traumatizing. Reader discretion is advised.

Amara experienced the same dream for practically the whole week. And every time she would wake up, she would sob miserably.

She was increasingly desperate for Raha Sitan to return as the days passed. She craves his presence and really misses him. She is unable to stop the pressure in her chest, so all she could do was sob herself to slumber while she waited.

This time, though, her dream caused her to awaken in the middle of the night.

In her dream, she saw herself bleeding to death in Raha Sitan's arms. His expression was a mix of despair, dread, agony, and pain.

She witnessed Raha Sitan lamenting over her passing. She finds it too painful to witness that she became terrified of the idea of her dying.

She is unable to forget the nightmare, and it keeps coming back to mind. She was so traumatized by it that she began yanking off her own hair as she wailed, attracting the attention of the servants.

She had been acting strangely over the past three days, which made them concerned. Even the Inangs were alarmed since they had never before seen Amara in such a miserable and broken state.

Her surroundings caused her to lose her bearings. Even engaging in conversation with her was challenging. She also had a habit of gazing off into the horizon while she waited for something.

Amara's chest felt so heavy that she was unable to breathe. She clung to Inang Pasing and made an impossible request. "I want to see my husband, Inang, please!"

She was soothed by Inang Pasing's massage on her back. "However, Apo Raha Sitan is presently deep within the Panganib Forest; he will likely return tomorrow."

Amara could only sob in desperation in front of the elderly woman. Please just bring Raha Sitan to me.

The Inangs shook heads with one another.

Inang Trining spoke to Inang Carmen. "Please get the strongest incense you have; we can't let her be like this; the patriarch will worry too much."

Inang Carmen is quite hesitant. "The strongest I have is the sampaguita, which I created for the patriarch to put him to sleep."

"Just get it now; you can make another afterwards!"

Inang Carmen nodded before leaving right away.

Have you already sent word of the matriarch's condition, Inang Pasing questioned?

"Yes, Manong replied that they're already on their way home," Inang Trining said in response.

A short while later, Inang Carmen returned and began lighting the incense. The air was thick with the smell of sampaguita, and the Inangs had to cover their noses to avoid being affected.

Amara began to breathe normally, blinking between a few deep breaths. She was quickly calmed down, and as the Inang Pasing lulled her to sleep, she slowly lay down on the bed. After calling out her husband's name, she eventually passed out.

She was able to talk to Apo Bathala after she fell asleep. He was sitting motionless on his throne of gold. He simply cocked his head to the right as he caught sight of her.