Chapter 69 [The Haunted Village Arc]: The Narrator

[The Hidden Treasure] was written in first person point of view, and was told by Lakam. Everything from the scenes, the dialogues and the possible emotions of all characters were only determined by him.

Maybe that was the reason why Amara felt like there's a lot of loopholes in the story.

It's because Lakam was the one telling the story, not AwesomeAllFather143 a.k.a. Apo Bathala.

But why Lakam?

And does this mean that almost everything in the novel could possibly be a lie?

"You seem to be deep in thought, my dear wife."

She turned to her side and saw Raha Sitan walking towards her with a warm smile. She forgot all her thoughts upon seeing the streaks of mud on his face. She then laughed at him, "Husband, what have you done to your face?"

Raha Sitan's face scrunched up in annoyance. He complained to her, "That Ramon was a good-for-nothing brat! I had to do all the work alone, now I am covered with dirt. I should've just let the Maranhigs eat his brains earlier."

Amara could only chuckle at her husband's childish remarks. She then took out a clean cloth, dampen it with water, and wiped it on his face. However, he took the cloth from her hand and cleaned his face on his own. After that, he saw Manong sleeping peacefully on Amara's back.

"You should've placed Manong on the cart if he's sleeping," Raha Sitan said as he took Manong and carried him on his arms.

She immediately felt comfortable.

After feeding the people, she could no longer stand how heavy Manong is behind her back. But she can't also let him on the ground for fear that the people might suspect them.

"It's alright," she says to assure him. "I actually liked carrying him."

Raha Sitan snorted, but started gently tapping Manong's little legs in a way that makes the child sleep more. "I can't let you carry our son for a long time, he's heavy. Please call for me next time."

Amara could only nod while still thinking about what she should do about the whole shenanigans of the novel.

The time when Lakam and Tala found Raha Sitan in the Marikit tribe could mean something different. Although it is possible that Raha Sitan must've destroyed the tribe, but he must have a valid reason for it.

She should find a way to somehow prevent the event from happening. They should not cross paths with Lakam and Tala at all costs.

Amara looked directly at Raha Sitan and she suddenly asked him. "Husband, if you will destroy a particular territory, what would be your reason?"

His eyebrows raised at the question, his face showing signs of surprise and amazement. "My wife, how did you know that I plan to burn down the Huli Village? I haven't told you that yet."

Say what now?

Amara doesn't know what to say to him. She is stuck between giving him a violent reaction and trying to understand his eccentricity. She could barely choose the latter. "I understand that the villagers will live in the Sitan tribe. But is it really necessary to destroy the village?"

"I couldn't find the source of the chaos, my dear wife. Even if I fight till dawn today, the Maranhigs will keep coming to attack tomorrow, I'll only get bored fighting them. The only solution now is to burn down the whole village," Raha Sitan explained to her with a shrug. However, his next statement made his lips curve into a cruel smile. "And the person who caused all this will get angry to the point of having a heart attack. Wouldn't that be fun, my dear wife?"