SEASON 3: PILOT: The Wrath of Apo Bayan

The Huli village resembles a carcass covered in flies. The air smelled like rotting flesh, making people gag on their dinner. A couple of Maranhigs outran several people who were running around, turning them into monsters. It was unappealing and depressing.

A fit of wails could be heard all over the place as people ran for their lives, desperately praying for their goddess to save them. A child could be even seen crying to the sky while the corpse of his mother is lying by his side.

"The village is in danger, we need to leave now!"

"Run for the forest!"

"We need to reach the nearest tribe!"

"It is ten kilometers away, are we able to outrun these monsters?"

A young man ran while screaming, "We need to leave now! The villagers who were bitten by the Maranhigs are also turning into Maranhigs!"

Maranhigs had invaded the lands that worshipped the goddess of villages, Apo Bayan. Huli village is the last village to be destroyed in the borders of Marikit tribe and Humaling tribe by these pesky monsters.

Apo Bayan wept as she witnesses how her worshippers called for her and she can't do anything to help. Her powers are limited only to bless the lands with trees of ripe fruits, healthy soil for planting and flocks of animals for meat. She can't fight those evil creatures with her mere power.

Aside from that, she is utterly speechless as to why these monsters would attack her people!

The people cried to the sky, "Apo Bayan, please have mercy!"

The said deity couldn't do anything but watch as her worshippers get trapped into chaos.

She cried for them from a distance, also praying that a hero might come and save her people. But alas, morning came and the entire population of Huli village were almost wiped out, leaving only at least thirteen families to survive.

She can't help but blame herself for being a weak god and endangering the lives of thousands of people. It's cruel of a destiny that her only power is to bless the villagers with trivial things that wouldn't be of help to them to survive a crisis.

She cried once again, this time screaming at the sky while shouting, "I swear to Maharlika that the one who have destroyed my people shall be hunted by the Berdugo and will be punished upon my own judgment!" She then brought out a black coin and tossed it in the air. It exploded into a kaleidoscope of butterflies and flew above Apo Bayan's head. "I wish for the Berdugo's aid and I shall offer him half of my lands in return!"

The butterflies understood the instruction and flew away to Panganib forest to deliver the message to the patriarch of the Sitan tribe.

"Just half of her lands?" Raha Sitan laughed in reply as he shook his head at the butterflies upon hearing the message relayed to him. "She should also offer her people to become members of the Sitan tribe if she wants me to help her immediately!"

"Father, I think we should help Apo Bayan and accept what she only offered," Manong suggested to him. "She is a kind goddess who takes good care of her people. It wouldn't be a great idea to snatch them away from her."

"You're no fun, my child," Raha Sitan grunted at the remark and rolled his eyes. "Alright, alright, we'll accept the lands," he said. Then he turned to his left and smiled fondly at the person who is kneeling down while vomiting a mouthful of blood. "Did you hear that, my dear wife? We will be leaving the Panganib forest soon. I bet you'll be ecstatic once you get a taste of sunlight again."

¤¤¤
Hi~ MissAlbularyo on your screen! Please don't forget to vote and comment on my story, thank you in advance!

The S3 episode is actually a brief one because I don't want to spill too much information. We are now entering the Haunted Village Arc!

So I hope you are now ready for a new adventure because the real story is about to start!