Chapter 17

My mouth was wide open, not containing the surprise to hear Camila say that I was her girlfriend. Her mother Sinu stared at us with a soft smile, looking amazed. - If I had known you were my daughter's girlfriend, I would have received you better. - Sinu walks up to me wrapping me in a strong hug, even a little suffocating. She squeezes my cheek and Camila's.

- Is the demonstration of affection over, mom? - Camila asks, intertwining our hands. Sinu doesn't seem to acknowledge Camila, used to her daughter's "gentle" way.

- Karla has always been like this. She doesn't like hugs very much. This is the first time she has introduced us to someone. - I look at Camila who is staring at the floor looking ashamed.

- I know very well what she's like. - I joke, and Sinu laughs with me. We heard footsteps up the stairs and a younger Camila look alike girl appears in short denim shorts wearing a Justin Bieber print shirt.

- Hey, mom. Who is there? - She point at me being wrapped up by Sinu.

- This Sofi is your sister's girlfriend, Lauren. - Sofi smiles surprised, she comes up to me, giving me two kisses on the cheek and raising her eyebrows to her sister, who sticks out her tongue.

- Damn, I didn't think I lived to see Karla bring a girlfriend home for us to meet. She's beautiful! - I blush with the compliment and Camila laughs. She seems very happy and comfortable with all this and I'm happy to meet you.

- Don't even try to steal my girl, Sofi. - Camila says seriously, and I smile at her words without holding back I give her a kiss and listening to the laughter from the youngest.

- She can't baby. - I whisper and she smiles. We stared at each other  trapped in our bubble until Sinu coughs.

- Sofi dear, let's go to the kitchen to help Kyle with dinner? - Sinu calls Sofi who snorts and gives us a wink. Camila turns to look  at me and lands one of her hands on my waist. She rubs her hands over my messy hair.

- Nice shirt. - I remember I'm wearing my old Star Wars blouse, nothing appropriate to meet the parents of the girl I'm in love with.

- This is not the appropriate outfit to meet your parents.

- About that... If I'm bothered you saying that we're girlfriends, I'm sorry but today my mother heard a conversation from me and Kyle, and asked me about you. I couldn't talk about my habits, nor about our... commitment.

- Is that why you didn't call me all day? - I caress her waist, kissing her cheek.

- Yes. They arrived today before lunch. They didn't give me a break, especially Sofi.

- All right, I don't mind that you said we dated, on the contrary, I liked it. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm going to have little time with you. - I pout and Camila kisses me.

- You don't need to worry. My parents have a house in Calabasas and they are going to stay there. It's Sofi's school holidays and they always come to see me. They live in Miami.

- Can I stay with you tonight? 

Her eyes seem to shine and she kisses me. - Of course you can. I want to show you something today. - Before she can say anything, Sofi and Sinu show up, carrying plates, cutlery, and glasses, along with Kyle. Camila guides me to the table and we sit next to each other, Sofi and Sinu in front of us.

- Ale! Come down, dinner is ready! - Screams Sinu. A dark and tall man appears up the stairs, sitting next to Sinu. He stares at me and Sinu. - Ale, this is Lauren Jauregui, Karla's girlfriend.

Camila's father, Alejandro, looks at me curiously and reaches out his hand - Hello Lauren, I'm Alejandro Cabello, Camila's father. - Kyle approaches, bringing platters and putting them on the table, next to a bottle of wine and juice, because of Sofi.