Chapter 28: Voided Part 2

"Zalus. Zalus?? Zalus!"

Prophet Zalus woke up, sitting on a chair in an abandoned subway station. He leaned closer to the pit fire and turned to his left, looking at Joseph. 

Joseph: "Are you okay? You fell asleep there."

Zalus: "Hmm. Yeah, is it morning?"

Joseph: "It's about sunrise. We should head out."

Zalus: "J-Just a moment."

Joseph looked down to Zalus' ribcage, noticing a dark infection. 

Joseph: "He looks badly injured.. Did we know any healers that might be around still?"

Kiri: "Not too sure. We can try and find one around the city, but he might be in even bigger danger if we're seen around him."

Joseph: "We might have to risk it if he's trying to help us out here."

Zalus tried to stand, holding onto his bruised ribcage and Joseph held him up. 

Joseph: "Is there anyone we can take you to? To help with that-"

Zalus: "I am fine. We must-"

Zalus dropped onto one of his knees and Joseph continued to hold him up. 

Joseph: "Where is the closest hospital?"

Zalus: "Main Street and 3rd Avenue."

Joseph: "We'll get you there. But you might have to take off your suit-"

Zalus: "My suit cannot come off. Unfortunately, in order to help me, the nurse must come to us. If I were seen anywhere outside this subway station, Demikura will find us once again."

Joseph: "Kiri?"

Kiri: "We will find a nurse and come back as soon as we can. Hold on tight, Zalus."

Joseph sat Zalus back down and ran out of the subway station. Zalus laid back and tapped the right side of his helmet. 

Zalus: "Status report.."

"Heart rate stabilizing.. Two broken rib bones. Current stage of infection: 47 percent."

Zalus opened his mask and allowed his mouth to breathe. 

Zalus: "Joseph.. Hurry.."

Joseph ran through crowds of people, down the street of Main, disturbing traffic and turned on Third Avenue, seeing a large structured hospital. He ran through the front doors to the counter and slammed down his hands. 

Joseph: "I need a nurse or a doctor! Quick!"

The woman at the front chewed her gum and held out a clipboard. 

"Sir.. Please fill out this form for-"