Day 6082

N POV

X, Darcy, Uzi and I walked out of the hospital together, into the hustling world of the bunker. Xena handed me a coat and asked me to disguise myself. I switched my eye display to blue, and we walked to our house.

"So, heads up, there's a lot of gangs around here. Keep an eye out." Darcy warned, turning a corner. The closer we got, the more faint oil stains showed up, which kept increasing in size.

"Look up there!" Uzi yelled. We did just that, to see that they were setting up a new support structure.

"How the hell do you all bounce back from stuff like this?" Xena asked.

"As Darcy said, we don't exactly die," Uzi replied.

"One, I beg to differ. Two, how did you even know I said that?" Darcy questioned.

"I don't know," Uzi replied as we turned the final corner. Our street had black stains all over, they were virtually unrecognizable. Cars were still being towed away, and the blockage that was the old support structure lay in the street.

We could all see where we had been before the ambulances transported us. I saw a sharp piece of rebar sticking out of the debris. Had I been on that?!

"The house..." Xena whispered, causing all of us to look over. There was police tape surrounding the plot, and officers were swarming the scene. "I'll be right back! N, can you come with me?"

"Sure!" I replied, climbing into a nearby vent. We were crawling into Xena's basement, to dispose of 'incriminating evidence'. Once I got there, I was overjoyed to see all of this. Xena immediately started putting worker heads in crates which were piled in inconspicuous spots. The oil would have just looked like grease. We made our escape, only to see Darcy and Uzi speaking with each other.

"So... They'll allow us to stay in our house, they are packing up now!" Darry told us, as the last van drove away. The lawn didn't have folding tables or anything, and the house was empty again. We quickly entered the area and saw that everything had been put back in place.

"This is our home when it isn't a warzone!" Xena nervously introduced.

"Nice!"

I and Uzi said, amusing Darcy. We quickly moved a few things around, before we had to deal with the hole in the floor.

"I remember this! The crates came down on us!" I told them, a bit annoyed with how they executed the plan.

"Yeah, we might just put a bookshelf there that reaches the ceiling," Xena replied, as they showed us our bedroom. It was... sparse, to say the least. "We'll help you with shopping."

"Well, can we get some sleep first?" Uzi asked, before lying down on the floor. Xena had already returned with some mini-beds, which we quickly fell asleep in. Admittedly, this was a new direction for me to go in. A rogue drone? It was exciting, but not as exciting as finally seeing the truth.

Darcy POV

After Xena and I had a make-out session against the wall, we woke up Uzi and N and went down for breakfast. Xena left with N to show him how to get oil, while me and Uzi, talked about stuff.

"This is a great dish! Cubed dry ice, with a side of nitrogen! Perfect thing if Xena and N are ever overheating!" Uzi congratulated them as she ate the meal.

"Thanks, I got it from that cookbook over there!" I replied, pointing to the cookbook.

"Nice! Anyway, how is it in here?" Uzi asked.

"Gang violence is on the massive, and corruption is widespread. Also, never go out at night." I informed.

"Why?" Uzi asked.

"You don't wanna know." I replied, just as Xena and N came back.

"What were y'all talking about?" Xena asked me.

"Just how this town is terrible." I replied.

"Nice-" N started before the doorbell rang.

"We have had too many hostile visitors, it's insane-" Xena ranted while I checked the peephole. It was a news crew, impatiently waiting.

"It's the news crew!" I yelled, alerting everyone.

"Maybe... no, don't let them in," Uzi told me, so we just went upstairs. We decided to watch the news anyway, and saw many interesting headlines. The anchor was speaking about something, when the image of the scaffolding from the roof falling came into view.

"A week ago, a day marks a few first times. This was the first time one of us defeated a murder drone. This was the first time a murder drone was spotted helping us. This marked the end of the historic Scaffolding Structure #4673. We are unsure of what happened, but two murder drones teamed up with two of us to fight for the colony. They are inside their residence now, declining comments on the event." the anchor informed us.

"Guess we're famous!" N said, making all of us laugh.

"The two offenders have executions scheduled for tomorrow. The 4 defenders have not been able to attend a interview with the police, who are still waiting for them. Additionally, one of them had a weapon capable of mass destruction, and used it to end the fight immediately. The R&D department wishes to replicate the weapon, but have been unable to track her down." the anchor continued, before a statement from a citizen.

"We would have died if those 4 hadn't stopped the fight. Thank God they were here." a worker informed before a picture of the bloody street, fallen structure in the background, came into view.

"This is what the EMS saw when serving on the scene. Oil had been spilt, and the wreckage behind us is actually Scaffolding Structure #4673. The cleanup crews are still removing the wreckage, but the streets will never be the same." the anchor finished, before reporting on something else.

We turned the tv off, and decided to head to sleep. Today was eventful, but we haven't set foot outside since we left the hospital. We couldn't really forgot what happened here, and if we tried, it would be a long and difficult process.