Chapter 7: Confessions And Flowers PT 1

a/n: some of the things that happen or that are said in this chapter are really hard and dark. I am not a professional at writing some of the things that happen in this chapter, so please don't judge or hate me. Sorry for the dark chapter. I didn't try to write it as dark as it is, but it kept flowing and coming to me as I continued to write. But once again. Sorry for what you are about to read. But also it is towards the second half of the chapter.

I try to avoid Keefe as much as I can over the next few months. He continues trying to talk to me but every time, I avoid him. During that time, near the beginning of the first month I started avoiding Keefe, I ended up going from being at stage 3 with hanahaki to stage 4. I'm coughing up flowers, blood, and thorns everyday now. It is painful. I don't know how much longer I can take it. I love Keefe way too much. Every time I see him, I automatically start to blush and my heart begins to race fast. But every time I see him with someone I don't know or with Sophie, it really hurts me deep inside. It's too late for me to get the surgery, but even if I did decide to try and get the surgery done, I could never go fully through with it. Linh is the only reason that I am hanging onto life. She is my everything. I never want to see her hurt, but I know eventually I'll break her heart.

One day I try to avoid Keefe as much as I can, but I end up being cornered in the hallway by Keefe and some of our other friends. "I told you bangs boy. You can't avoid me. I will always find a way to talk to you." I look towards Linh to mentally ask her what's going on. She gives a shrug telling me that she doesn't know. "Who said I was trying to avoid you, Keefe," I say still not facing him. "Well. It was pretty obvious that you were trying to. And it's been like that for a few months now. I just want to talk to you, Tam," He says the last part quietly. 

I know that since he used my actual name and not bangs boy that it was serious. I guess it wouldn't hurt to hear what he has to tell me. "What do you want, Keefe?" I ask with a sigh. I turn around to face him directly. He has a nervous look on his face like he is about to say something that he would never usually say or something that scares him. As if he was going to confess his feelings to me. But that isn't possible. Keefe doesn't like me. He likes Sophie. It's not possible.

He plays with his fingers for a few moments before he takes in a deep breath and slowly releases it. "Come on Keefe. You can do it." Sophie says trying to hype Keefe up. Hype Keefe up for what. Who knows. He gives a little shake to shake off the nerves and takes another deep breath. "I-I was wondering if I could possibly take you on a date. I know that it is sudden. . ." His voice fades off for a second. What?! I thought at least that's what I thought, but I ended up saying it out loud. "Look. I like you Tam. Like A lot. Please go out with me." He says the rest quickly. 

"I don't believe you. That's not possible. No. No! NO! That can't be true. It must be a joke. Ha ha very funny." At that moment I started to have a mental breakdown. All I could think of was how it had to be a prank. There was no way that the Keefe Sencen would just randomly confess to me and actually like me back without it being some sort of sick joke. 

All the thoughts I tried to suppress for the longest time started bubbling up. I couldn't control it anymore. I felt the sensation of wanting to cry and the familiar tingling in the back of my throat. The only thing that I could think of doing was to run away like I have always been doing from my troubles. I use shadows to hide me so they wouldn't be able to easily track me and I just start running as far as I can away from there.

I didn't have any place in mind when I started running. I just wanted to get out of there. I ran as fast and as hard as I could without dragging attention to me. I continue running. The next thing I know, I feel the hot beating rays of sunlight hitting me. I stop and squint my eyes to adjust to the bright light of the sun.