Chapter 18 (4)

The firework is due to be started at 8:00 PM.

By 7:00 PM, everyone was already dying from the exhaustion of walking around. Beth and Simone checked out nearby souvenir shops and fashion parlors. Julianna thought that it would be a good idea to find a good spot for fireworks for everyone in advance. She posted a group notice for everyone to come down to the main square around 7:50.

Finally, I am summing up the day with a fashion game with the posh singer, Simmy!

'It goes the other way as well! I am having a fashion game with a promising fashion designer.'

Time seemed to have flown back to childhood for Beth — to the weekends at the mall, glancing over the dazzling outfits on the mannequins, wishing someday they could each the hands of hers. The restraints from childhood were gone. All the dazzling outfits — cute, flowery sweaters, single-colored coats, puffy silk dresses—were waiting on the shelf, ready for the two girls to flip through.

It was like those childhood fantasies came to life all over again.

'We are having a lot of fun here, Bee! Do you think I look like an actress from the past?' Simone looked at herself in the mirror, with a violet sequin dress and a pink, sugary feather coat. 'We just need to pay attention to the time; the firework will be starting soon.'

Beth looked at her phone. 7:40 PM.

'It's 7:40. I'm thinking about going to the bathroom real quick, and we can meet down at the main square directly.'

'Sure thing. I will see you in a minute, Bee!'

Suddenly, Beth noticed that her phone seemed to be vibrating. It's an incoming call! The number from the call was a new one, but it seemed a little bit familiar.

If I am not wrong, I think I saw it on a website that I visited.

Wait...isn't that the Lisette Admissions Site?! The number was listed as the official number on the admissions site.

Wait a sec. I think it really is! I could be wrong but I need to take it first.

'Hi! I am just wondering what is up...!'

'Lisette University Admissions calling. Is this by any chance, Beth Ann?'

'Yes, that's me.' Beth's hands trembled more severely upon the unexpected call. 'Why are you calling me? What's happening?'

'We have reviewed all of your materials and the additional ones you sent us. Currently, we have a couple of last spots for our new upcoming class, and we would like to offer you a place. If you are interested, please email back to us by next week, along with submitting your deposit.'

We would like to offer you a place.

We would like to offer you a place!

'Me. You. Are. Offering. Me. A. Place. At. Your. College. Of. Arts. Is that true?'

'Yes. Congratulations, and have a good rest of your summer holiday.'

Bursts of colors sprouted out every corner that Beth looked around, blending constantly into each other. The magical feeling came along again. The ground seemed to have melted away with the evening winds. Beth was flying. The sky had already become a melting pot with all the riots of blue, turquoise, scarlet red, wild orchid, and gold meshing into each other. The waves of colors didn't stop; they just came along more and more intensely, painting the clouds and stars again and again.

A blue-haired figure stood out from the crowd, mesmerized by the fireworks.

That should be Jules!

Beth rubbed her eyes to see if she had made a mistake. She didn't. Julianna was standing just there, surrounded by her other friends. However, with the vision cleared, the fireworks didn't look as splendid as just now. Some of the sparks were falling down, leaving traces of bright specks of dust dancing in the sky.

'Jules!!! I need to tell you something!'

'We've been waiting for you all along, Bee!' Simone responded to Beth instead. 'I was worried that you might have lost your way. Now that you've come back, there's nothing else to worry from all of us.'

'Cheers to Beth coming back for the splendid firework with all our beautiful girls!'

'Tell me what happened, Beth!' Julianna became the last person to actually respond to the question.

I...I will be a Lisette student next year. We are going to school together! We will still be best friends, won't we?

'I...I will be...'

Weirdly, Beth choked on her words before she could even finish them. Tears came uncontrollably again, crossing her face like a stream that never ends.

'Aww, what's wrong? We will all support you if you encountered something hard.' 'Let's give her a hug, shall we?'

"Guys, nothing is wrong! I simply realized that magic has existed all along. We are all the Dreamchasers of our own magic."