Chapter 26

Arti's POV:

"Where am I? What happened?" I asked, confused.

"You're in the medical wing, sweetie... You woke up this morning in pain. I needed to make sure you were ok."

"Who took me here?" I asked.

"R-" before Venus could say, the door was opened.

"ARTI!" We both turned towards the person. It was Rikku. She ran towards me. Then hugged me tightly. I sat there utterly confused. I slowly hugged me back.

"Rikku?" I said, confused.

"You're ok!" Rikku yelled, happily.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I paused for a moment. We let go of eachother. She looked at me confused. I, instead, looked at Venus with a confused look.

"How long have I been out? Venus?" I asked, confused. Venus looked at Rikku. Then at Database. Then back at me.

"Arti... You've been out all day... Almost a day and a half. Is there anything you didn't tell us, Arti?" aske Venus confused. I looked at them confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Yeah. Venus... What do you mean by that?" Rikku asked, also a little confused.

"Um..." Rikku and I look at them confused.

"Venus. What aren't you telling us?" Database asks, seriously. Database comes to the right of me and looks at Venus with a confused look. Venus just looks at us all, then sighs.

"You're..." They paused , debating where to go with this.

"Tell them, Venus. They were worried about him. They deserve to know..." said Ronin, seriously. Venus nodded. Then Venus looked at me with a serious look.

"Your bone structure is shifting..." they said. Rikku looked at them with wide eyes.

"What the hell does that mean?!" yelled Database.

"It means that things are coming and going in his body." said Venus, nervously.

"I-I'm shifting?" I said, terrified.

"You can call it that..." said Ronin, casually. She glared at him. Then walked towards him.

"How the fuck can you stay so calm?!" Rikky yelled at him in anger.

I looked at her with wide eyes. R-Rikku... I thought. I was gonna say something, but I stayed quiet. I didn't want to make her any angerier that she already was. Rikku stood on her tippy toes to face him. To get up in his face and just go at him.

"Calm down, Rikku..." said Ronin.

"Calm down?! Calm down?! How the fuck can I be calm when my friend might of been dying! Look at Venus! They're even freaking out! You're the only one being calm!" she yelled out.

She threw her hands up. She was about to throw fists at him. But Database grabbed her by the waist. And put himself between Rikku and Ronin. She glared up at him in anger. He looked down at her with a slight worry on his face.

"I understand a lot is happening... But please calm down, ok?" he said. She took a breath in and out. She closed her eyes, and lowered her head. She then opened her eyes. Looked at Database. Then nodded.

"Sorry..." She paused and looked at Venus.

"Please continue on, Venus" Suddenly, the door slammed open. I looked at the door to look at the person. They had one hand on the door, one hand on their leg. They were trying to catch their breath. Their golden hair falling in front of their face.

"Artemis!" huffed a voice. Rikky spun around to face them.

"S-Shino?!" I gasped. When did he come back! He went to visit someone, right? I thought, confused. Rikku looked at Shino with wide eyes. She then looked at Database out of the corner of her eye. He was looking at Shino with a curious look. Rikku looked back at Shino.

"Are you ok?" She asked, worriedly. I nodded in agreement. It seemed like Shino didn't hear what she said. Or he did, and he just ignored it.

"I heard what happened... Are you ok Arti?!" Shino yelled. He walked towards me. And checked me out. Not the weird way. In a way of looking for injuries.

It was obvious that he was about to throw some fists if something happened to me. I wouldn't let that happen though. I could never let that happen. Not again. He's already been through so much. He doesn't need to go through more.

"Shino and Rikku. Can we talk for a moment?" asked Database.

Shino turned around. He was facing Database and Rikku. It was obvious he was nervous to go with him. Shino laid a hand on top of mine. I grabbed him slightly, and squeezed it. Database motioned out the door, waiting for them to walk out first. I instantly got a bad vibe off of him.

He never really gave off a good vibe. But it was plainly obvious something's off. But I can't put my finger on it. Rikku looked at him, and nodded. Shino looked at me, worried. I nodded. And squeezed his hand one last time in reassurance. He was very tense. Too tense for his own good. Obviously something happened while he was gone. I thought.

Shino looked at Venus, and glared at them. One that said 'Hurt him... You're dead'. They both nodded at him. Rikku then walked out the door, Shino followed in suit. I watched as they left. Database stopped and grabbed the doorknob.

"We'll give you some space. We'll be back soon..." said Database, before he shut the door. I looked at Venus and Ronin with a worried look. They both were looking at each other confused. I decided to say something about it.

"He seemed off... Didn't he?..." I said, a little worried. They both looked at me and nodded.

"He not only seemed off, but he also acted differently. Way different. Usually he's serious about these kinds of things. He never shows off any type of emotion." said Ronin, looking back at the area that Database once stood.

"Yeah" said Venus, in agreement. We all stood there, confused.

What happened to Database? Did he get hit by a quirk? If so, what type? I've never known a quirk that could do that to someone. At least, to that extent. There are types like that, but not ones that change a full person's personality and eye color... I thought, worried.

Suddenly, a terrifying laugh echoed through the room. I jumped. Ronin and Venus got into fighting stances. The lights around us started to flicker slightly. A painful ringing and stinging went into my head. I gripped my head in pain.

"Augh!" I grunted out.

"Artemis!" said Venus, worriedly.

"Don't worry about me. Worry about what's happening..." I said, trying to ignore the pain.

That didn't work out too well for me. It's the same sensation I felt earlier... Whenever that was. I thought. Why is it happening? Why does it hurt so badly? What's happening to my body? And who is the owner of the laugh? It's creepy...

"Well... Well... Well! If It isn't Artemis! Been a while, kid. Your parents are really good at hiding you. Choosing this world to hide you. Guess your papa didn't think one one specific detail! The fact that I can sense that... Shard in your choker!" they said.

In Front of us appeared a purple being. A scary purple being, I may say.

"Who are you..." asked Ronin, powering up. I hope he had enough blood today... I thought worriedly.