CHARACTER PROFILE: Masuda Akemi

voice claim: Vi (Arcane)

————————————

name: Masuda Akemi

[code name: Grim Reaper]

age: 17

quirk: soul manipulation

affiliation: Shiketsu High School, 'The Backrooms'

------------------------

birthday: Jan 13th

gender: non-binary/genderless

height: 172 cm (5'8)

hair color: silver

blood type: AB

------------------------

status: alive

birthplace: Okayama prefecture

family: ???

occupation: student, assassin

fighting style: melee combat, long-range combat

Akemi, code name: 'Grim Reaper', is a second-year student at Shiketsu High School. They are currently enrolled in the school's general studies course.

analysis (quirk)

power: 5/6 - A

speed: 6/6 - S

technique: 5/6 - A

intelligence: 4/6 - B

wits: 6/6 - S

cooperativeness: 1/6 - E

analysis (assassin stat - w/o quirk)

power: 5/6 - A

speed: 6/6 - S

technique: 4/6 - B

intelligence: 5/6 - A

wits: 7/6 - SS

cooperativeness: 1/6 - E

appearance

yami uxi on picrew

yami uxi on picrew

可愛いあの子 on picrew

Akemi is a fairly tall, well-built student for their age. They have silver, long-length hair that flows down to the lower part of their back, but always have it in a low ponytail. They have middle parted bangs that rest in between their red, blood-shot eyes. They have a very nice complexion and tanned(ish) skin tone.

They always wear their uniform, but a majority of the time, they don't wear it neatly. A lot of the clothing is either loosened or unprofessionally worn. They also keep their special mask on for the whole day except for when they are eating lunch.

The special mask that Akemi uses daily is a bulky, yet sturdy kind of technology. It's equipped with two filtration systems attached to either side, with a small knob on the side that controls the air that flows out from the mask (which comes from Akemi's mouth), that way when there is an unintended situation, Akemi can control when their toxin can be released.

personality

Akemi is described by Camie to give off a very disdainful persona and not talk to many people, (except for Jun). They're cold and keep things to themselves, especially clothing their emotions. However, when something isn't done the right way, they get short-tempered and have a small attitude but does not show the full thing. Akemi's grumpy for most of the day and refuses to make verbal contact with anyone.

When with Jun in school, they keep their same personality: unfriendly and stoic, but Jun knows that Akemi's intentions are not what they seem to be. She knows that they're more than that and can see potential in them. A lot of people questioned Jun why she's friends with Akemi but always kept the same answer: "Because they're nice". Which a lot of people don't see in Akemi at first glance. When it's just the two of them, Akemi is more softened and casual. They still are rational when Jun makes a bad decision but they always brush it off, knowing she can figure it out in the end by herself.

quirk

Their quirk can take control of their target's soul—almost like a puppet. Hence the name was given to them: Grim Reaper because they take the souls of others and control them.

To activate Akemi's quirk, the user has a special toxin that flows in their body, that when it is breathed out through the mouth, that gas is emitted in their range, and this way of acquiring their target is for a small group of people. This gas can be emitted within a 10 feet diameter. When the target inhales this gas, it puts them into a temporary state where they lose consciousness, giving the user the chance to temporarily 'steal' their souls. their arm can turn transparent and reach inside the target's body. their soul is then attached to their fingers by red strings. When there are multiple targets and Akemi acquires the first soul, they can manipulate that soul into taking the other souls around them all at once, and Akemi wouldn't have to put much effort. They can have an army of souls for about a max of 10 minutes, as long as they keep emitting the toxins from their mouths through their special masks. The soul is now under Akemi's control and can physically fight for them.

If their target is a single individual, they use their eyes to put them into an unconscious state. This puts ease on their throat when it is not necessary to use a large amount of toxic gas. Akemi has to make intentional eye contact with them and blink once for their quirk to activate. They follow the same procedure, but if they use their eyes to rely on using their quirk, the effect will last much shorter. For about 4 minutes they can control the soul before the effect wears off by itself and the red strings detach themselves, returning the soul to its physical body.

If Akemi is finished with using their quirk, all they need to do is detach the red strings (using a special kind of scissors they carry with them), and the soul is then immediately returned to the physical body.

drawbacks

The toxin gives a sore throat when released, so it makes it difficult for the user to speak for long periods. public speaking isn't their thing. it also damages their vocal cords, and constantly need to preserve them and drink water periodically. when they release it from their mouth, it requires a lot of the energy and air surrounding their lungs/throat, their voice is raspy, and it makes it difficult to speak. With this, they need to wear a technological mask to be worn at all times, because the air around them needs to be filtered for the quirk to work properly. It also helps their voice to become louder and sound less raspy. The longer the toxin is released, the longer the soul can be manipulated, but it takes a toll on the user's ability to breathe, even with the mask.

For eyes, it dries them out when the user paralyzes their target, so they also need to carry eye drops with them. They also need to make eye contact with their target as long as they are within a 5 feet radius.

LIKES: cats, jun (platonic), water, time to themself, being alone, cold soba, true crimes, listening to music

DISLIKES: enormous crowds, sore throats, overly obnoxious people, people full of themselves, slow walkers, dogs