10

FLASHBACK

it was when junkyu and haruto were having a night out in the night market to enjoy their vacation for the next school year, when they found themselves in trouble with their family affair.

it was 11 pm when both of their parents called for them in their houses. it was confusing at first but when everything was said, it became clear.

"haruto watanabe, you should know that you can't be an ally with a kim. you know they're betrayers in this field!" his mom said shouting when he arrived at home when they found out what haruto had been doing in school or outside school.

"he is not one of those kims" haruto lowly said with his head lowered, feeling scared to say a thing that can get angered by his parents.

"really huh? we did a background check he is the only son of the kims that we had a deal with, we are doing this for our family. they can be dirty in their jobs!" his mom said again, it was very unusual that his mom was more worked up than his father who is now sitting in front of him thinking what he should do.

"haruto" his father called him, and he was startled when a vase was thrown on the ground.

"the kims are like snakes that can attack you anytime on your back, that kim junkyu can use you for their own gain" his father said now standing up.

"you should know how to distance yourself from that guy" his father said but in haruto's mind is how can he distance himself when he himself has fallen for the guy.

he doesn't know if he should continue what he has been feeling because of the information he has heard from his parents.

"you'll be our heir to manage this business haruto, you shouldn't have any weaknesses from other clans" his father reminded him.

"we have a mission we need to fulfill in japan and the people here, so we need to stay focused on the goal when the time comes," his father added before storming out in the place.

it was a good thing that he has been cooled down because if not he can be beaten now on the spot.

"haruto in years you'll be the one who will handle this business and soon you can lose people in your lives including us," his mom said and now just the silence of his house and silent sobs of haruto can be heard.

how can he put in this situation? he was just a normal student that wanted to have a smaller group of friends rather than friends because of business.

"should i trust myself?" haruto doubted himself before having the strength to go in his room and locked himself in the bathroom with a shower running with his tears in sync.

it was full of uncertainties and he doesn't know what to do in the future. will he and junkyu be the same after this?

_____

it was finally monday and haruto was planning to quit classes after what happened last time. he doesn't know how to act like nothing happened that day, especially when junkyu is the only person he knows.

he sighed deeply remembering what his parents told him.

he knew junkyu couldn't do that because they promised each other.. also his mother told him about him going to a different school after this school year.

he was deep in thought when he didn't saw a man with a bandaid on his lips with a big smile approaching him.

"haruto hi!" haruto froze when he heard that, it was the same voice he can hear when the early morning comes. it was the same as it was, nothing changed.

"k-kyu?" he said, not looking at the big smile he was giving him, noticing the bandaid on his lips.

haruto had an idea, maybe he was beaten up?

"are you okay?" haruto asked worriedly, seeing the face he always sees but with some small bruises.

"yeah, it was nothing," junkyu said, still smiling, haruto can't help but to think how can this guy act like there is nothing wrong when it's not.

how can he pretend to be okay when he is not.

how wish he can act like that again.

"i'm sorry," haruto said but junkyu just raised his eyebrows.

"what are you sorry for?" junkyu asked and scratched his back but then had an idea.

"oh about this?" he pointed to his bruises.

"this is nothing, we just had misunderstandings in the house" he said but this time he has a smaller smile than earlier. haruto couldn't help but feel guilty about what was happening.

"how can you say that, when you're not fine?" haruto said sadly, still looking at him but junkyu just gave him a smile like he always does.

"hmm, maybe because i like you." haruto was caught off guard when he heard that.

"w-what?" haruto said with his eyes widened.

"idiot" he said and then ran on campus with a big smile on his face.

what a weird day for haruto and a weird way to confess your feelings, he thought that he wasn't in a one sided love. it was a mutual feeling but the thing is the one fell harder without anyone noticing, including themselves.

it was the start of black roses starting to grow in their hearts unconsciously. where it has thorns and flaws in every petal on the way.

_____

hi finally updated this, i can finally update this regularly with perfect strangers i hope you enjoy this mass update. this can be messy so bear with me. thank you for patiently waiting for this!