Chapter 32

Annabeth

"Are you girls ready to go?" Mellie asked as she shook off Thalia's covers, crumbs flying everywhere. I chuckled at the look of disgust on her complexion.

"Just one more cookie, Mellie," Thalia said. She was still eating desserts and foods, but was on a different bed.

"Thalia, seriously. Don't be so inconsiderate. Mellie is going to have to clean these, don't make it any worse for her. Stop making the covers dirty," I reprimanded the hunter.

Thalia shot a look of apology towards Mellie, who smiled, and said it didn't matter. Thalia thought for a moment, then started to move towards the bathroom, the pile of cookies still in her hands.

I frowned. "Where are you going?"

Thalia glanced over her shoulder at me, mumbling through a mouth full of desserts, "Well, since I'm gonna get everything dirty here, I'm moving to the bathroom. I can eat in the bathtub, so if I make a mess, it won't matter. Goodbye."

Shaking my head, I turned to the door as I heard someone open it. Piper, Hazel, and Lacy all walked in. They had gotten a late breakfast, while Thalia and I had gone earlier. Though, obviously Thalia wasn't full yet.

"Hey, guys. How was the breakfast?" I asked them while I squeezed my wet hair, trying to make the bath water come out faster.

Hazel grinned, "Really good! And this time, we got to meet some nymphs. All of them are really nice, too."

I nodded in agreement, "I met a few this morning. The kitchen ones are nice, at least. And Mellie. But I don't know about the rest."

Mellie chuckled, "Why, thank you, Annabeth. And all the nymphs here are warm-hearted and welcoming. If one isn't, then they get jobs where they don't see demigods or gods. We try to keep the atmosphere friendly around here."

"Well, you guys are doing a good job." Piper said as she headed towards the bathroom to wash her hands.

I turned back to Lacy and was about to ask her a question when Piper interrupted.

She was standing in the doorway of the bathroom with a confused look on her face. "May I ask why Thalia is eating a dozen cookies in the bathtub looking like a five year old who doesn't want to share?"

Mellie and I exchanged amused glances, then we busted out laughing. I explained why, and Piper nodded slowly, with a look on her face that matched my thoughts of Thalia being positively weird.

"Whatever. I guess I'll use the next bathroom." Piper said, walking over to the doorway of the next room.

"You guys better hurry. The council starts in a half hour, and we better get there at least fifteen minutes early," I stated.

Lacy piped up, "Okay! Hey Annabeth, can I braid your hair for you? Please?"

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, but do it fast."

"Yay!" Lacy squealed. "I have a new way of doing braids that I think would look adorable on you!"

I plopped down on a chair by one of the desks against the wall, and gave Lacy my strip of leather. Sitting quietly, I kept my head still as Lacy pulled and tugged my hair into her desired destination for the strands.

Mellie, who had slipped out of our rooms to go and see if the boys were almost ready, came back inside. "The men are ready to go. We'll meet them at the council."

I snorted, "'Men'? More like immature boys."

Lacy and Mellie giggled.

"Alright, I'm done." Lacy exclaimed. "Come on, let's go look at it in the mirror."