EP 43

Wei Wuxian persuaded in the letter, but it didn't work, so he could only speed up the process of his work. After several nights, he repeatedly reinforced the protective barrier, and repeatedly confirmed that it was absolutely safe. He stayed busy until the day before Jiang Yanli went up the mountain. In Lan Wangji's arms, he slept for two hours very unpeacefully.

Before going down to pick up her, Wei Wuxian, who had always been indifferent to his own image, asked a female cultivator of the Wen clan for a box of rouge and applied a little on his cheeks to make himself look less pale, so as not to make Jiang Yanli feel worried.

There were two teams of guards followed Jiang Yanli, one was wearing Jiang's school uniform, the other was from the Jin clan. When they reached the foot of the mountain, there were still people who persuaded Jiang Yanli not to go up—if only to see Wei Wuxian, just called him down. Jiang Yanli said to them, "If I don't go up in person, what is the point of coming this time?"

Wei Wuxian hurried down the mountain to pick her up. He saw Jiang Yanli alone, carrying something that looked heavy in both hands.

Wei Wuxian hurriedly stepped forward to take everything in her hands, and said, "I have already withdrawn the protective formation at the foot of the mountain, why didn't they come up with you?"

Jiang Yanli smiled and said: "You said in your letter that there were also many old and weak people and women, children here. I am also a disciple of the Jiang clan, I am be able to climb this mountain definitely."

They two talked and stepped into the mountain. Compared with the last time Jiang Cheng came here, it looked like a village very much.

There were large slices of carrots and potatoes in the roadside fields, as well as some other crops, which were growing very vigorously. A group of men worked in the fields, and a few women were doing chores beside them. It seemed that the scene was different from what she had imagined, Jiang Yanli was slightly surprised.

She sat down at a long table. Wei Wuxian tried to call Wen Ning to pour some water over, but when he looked up, he saw Lan Wangji had already walked over with the teapot and cup. In the small room behind him, Wen Ning and Wen Yuan showed two heads, one big and one small, looking at them cautiously.

He took a closer look and found that Lan Wangji's expression also seemed to be different. Wei Wuxian boldly guessed that perhaps he was nervous. Jiang Yanli never asked him whether he was doing right or not. She was only worried about whether he was full or dressed warmly here. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji sat side by side, listening to Jiang Yanli. They occasionally taunting head to the side, both saw the softness and warmth in each other's eyes.

Jiang Yanli said mysteriously: "Axian, I'm here this time and I bring you good news. Can you guess?"

Wei Wuxian touched his chin, thinking, "Jiang Cheng got married?"

"Puff," Jiang Yanli couldn't help but laughed, "you boy."

She said: "It's me, I'm going to get married."

Wei Wuxian stood up from the table suddenly, almost knocked over the water glass in front of him, and was quickly held by Lan Wangji. He asked hurriedly: "When? With whom? with, with...?"

A trace of red floated on Jiang Yanli's face, revealing a bit of girlish shyness, and said, "Two months later. with Jin Zixuan, Young Master Jin."

Wei Wuxian sighed with emotion, and was speechless for a while. Any younger brother suddenly heard that the person who had been bullying his elder sister was about to marry his elder sister, he would probably be so shocked.

But Jin Zixuan was actually not bad, and Jiang Yanli really liked him, so Wei Wuxian was happy however.

Jiang Yanli took out two exceptionally delicate invitations, one to Wei Wuxian and the other to Lan Wangji, said: "This was handwritten by Zixuan and I. You must come."