𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝟏.𝟎

CASE FILE: 1.0

Subject: The Lady In Red

 !Warning!: Blood and gore

.

.

.

'clink'

Two metal pieces collided with a white porcelain thing, clanking loudly on the small cabin hidden among the forest, creating an eerie atmosphere for whoever passed by. Wind breezes through the leaves, crickets singing along despite the darkness lurking inside the small building— their animalistic instinct seemingly doesn't work with what silently awaits behind the closed door.

Inside, there were two figures sitting on a chair, both facing each other with a table separating the two, both having one porcelain plate in front of them, one wine glass for each one of them, and also a fork and knife as a completion. A strange sight in a desolate location, inside an old wooden cabin. One woman, and one man.

The woman stabbed her fork down as the other hand holding the knife, moving it back and forth as she applied more pressure and cut down the food. After it was nicely on a bite size enough for her, she lifted the fork up and chomping on it, chewing the piece of flesh served in front of her.

The condition inside was far from comfortable. The stuffy air lingering inside smelled like rotten flesh along with a slight fishy smell of blood splattered on the wall, creating some sort of splashed red paint with the substance still dripping down the wooden surface, looking as fresh as ever as the light is still reflected on it. Her shoes moved a little as she lifted one of them and leaning forward, reaching for a glass of wine she unknowingly brought before coming to this place. What a sweet coincidence, now she gets to enjoy the addictive liquor along with the gentleman in front of her.

A pair of red lips curved up as she smiled at the guy in front of her and lifted the glass, looking as if nothing had happened when the man didn't return the gesture.

"Cheers, gentleman. Enjoy your food, I made this one special for you, " she purred lightly, finally taking a sip of the liquid as she gulped it down. The smell of blackberry, raspberry sauce, licorice, cocoa, juniper berry, and anise with mineral notes instantly surged through her nostrils, bringing a familiar feeling as she gulped it down. The sweet taste with a hint of bitterness from tannin made her sigh in content, once again smiling from the amount of satisfaction her heart was cheering for.

In contrast to her sweet and elegant behavior, the man in a black suit can only sit silently on his place, head tilted down with back slumped down. That becomes the only reason why he hadn't fallen down to the floor yet. His previously white shirt— or whatever last from it —was torn open on his torso, exposing his inner organs explicitly to the naked eyes.

His intestines were ripped apart forcefully from his stomach as it's dangling out of a wide gap on his torso, blood oozing out as it makes a stream of blood. A pair of kidneys laid untouched in front of him on the plate, red liquid still hasn't moved even from a small sip with a round thing floated on his glass, looking awfully familiar with the one that planted on his eye socket. Blood splash patterns decorated the wooden table under their plates, looking as luminous as the ones that littered the wall.

Art, a gruesome creation that takes the form of basically anything depends on the creator, holding a deep meaning of expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, to be appreciated primarily for its beauty or emotional power. Such a dangerous thing that could take any form, including a perfect creation— the human itself.

A previously a piece of flesh laid in front of her seemingly was cleanly cut from his chest, given his liver and heart were missing from their place. 'A lady won't leave even a single piece of rice behind', was what she believed. And so, what served in front of her was leaving nothing but a red stain of the human circulatory system.

Her phone suddenly rings with all too familiar notes, catching her attention as she puts down the tableware on both sides of the plate. Tapping on an accept button, she placed it on her ear.

"Hello~ Maki-chan" she mused, feeling a little to no enthusiasm in contrast to her tone earlier.

A slight buzz shifted on the earphone, until the static voice of a woman rang in her ear. "[Name], you've done your job, I believe?"

"Yep"

"Good, now I've got another mission for you. Kill the bat and leach devil, also since it's a group mission, I assigned you with Aki. Call him for the location". Her ears perked up at the name, a small innocent curiosity taking over her mind. "Aki? The fox boy?"

"Yes, him. You got his number I presumed" she nodded absentmindedly, aware that the person on the other line couldn't see her. "I have. Does that only us or.."

"There are also some more people in this case, you wanna hear who they are?"

"Nah, that's troublesome" she lifted her hand, examining it. The previously red stain of blood on her hands slowly dissipated, leaving a small smoke behind until there was nothing last from the corpse.

"Alright then, good luck on your mission" 'beep' the phone letting out a small vibration, signaling her that the other person had ended their call, leaving her to deal with the next mission assigned to her.

Her [Eye Color] eyes glinting from the light screen and looking down at it. Her thumb pondered around the call and message button, thinking whether she should message him and possibly have to wait hours for a reply or call and disturbing whatever he did right now.

She's quite considerate when it comes to disturbing others' peace because she didn't want someone to disturb her either, but looking back at the person's ID, she immediately pressed the call button without thinking any further.

The status immediately changed from 'connecting' to 'ringing' as she pressed it on her ear and stood up, prepared to leave the dirty old cabin where she previously had her feast on. The organization will clean it up later, she'll make sure they do. Or even if they didn't, she couldn't be careless. That's none of her problem.

A small beeping sound signaled that the call had connected, saving her some time from waiting for hours and possibly missing the fun she'll get from the mission with the Hayakawa boy. A small smile appeared on her lips once she heard the familiar voice of her subordinate as she closed the door, stepping further from the disgusting place.

"Say, Aki. Where are you right now?"

 Where are you right now?"

Case: 2.0】

Coming soon...