Nothing is forever

Ericka's pov

When we arrived at the CDC we met the only scientist there named Edwin Jenner. We were eating the most delicious meal and drank the most amazing wine he had, but Shane for some reason was being a downer, Glen even called him out on being a buzzkill. Did that song affect him in a bad way? Is he mad at me? Something is up with him and I'm gonna find out what.

Shane's pov

I'm a dick! All these years I never thought Ericka saw me as her angel, it all makes sense now how much she truly does and has loved me all these years and here I am with a secret I really fkn regret

I'm a dick! All these years I never thought Ericka saw me as her angel, it all makes sense now how much she truly does and has loved me all these years and here I am with a secret I really fkn regret. I need to tell her about Lori and I, but first I want to talk with Lori and let her know I'm gonna tell my fiance. I don't care if Lori gets upset, my girl deserves to know the truth. It's pissing me off just thinking about out maybe a shower and this bottle of whiskey will calm my nerves before I go look for Lori.

Lori's pov

Lori's pov

"Goodnight baby, go to sleep and don't forget to say your prayers!" I say to Carl as he left the room with Caril and Sophia. I was browsing the book selection when Shane entered the room stumbling. "Great!" I said to myself, just ignore him like you've been doing.

Shane's pov

"Just wanted to let you know I'm planning on telling Ericka what happened between us." I confessed

Lori's pov

"Good!... I was actually thinking about telling her as well... it was a mistake, one I regret deeply." I also confessed

Shane's pov

"Damn right it was a mistake! When you tell her your side of things don't forget to tell her how you threw yourself on me." I say harshly

Lori's pov

"Wait, I what? No Shane you're the one that started it all, I kissed you first yes but you're the one that wanted to go further." I say defending myself

Shane's pov

" Oh come on Lorraine! Don't give me that" I say walking up to her causing her to jump on the pinball machine "You wanted me, I can still see it in your eyes you still do."

Lori pov

"Shane you're drunk, I don't want you! My husband is back, your fiance is back." I say as Shane begins to get closer to me, I had no choice, I needed him to back up off me so I scratched him on the side of his neck and face area  "You tell Ericka by tomorrow night if not I am!" I say as he exited the room... oh my God, what just happened? I thought to myself as I can feel panic creep on me

Ericka's pov

After my much needed shower, Shane wasn't in the room, he's probably with Rick and the guys having some drinks. I was tired, I crawled into bed and began reading a book that was in the room. I had fallen asleep when I was woken up by Shane's lips on mine. He tasted like whiskey, and was practically falling on top of me as he couldn't keep his balance on the bed. I finally tucked him in and that's when I noticed his neck, did he get into a fight with the guys? Did he scratch himself on something? Seriously what the hell is going on with him?

The next morning

I was helping T-Dog make breakfast when the others began to enter the kitchen area.
"Man what happened to your neck?" I heard T-Dog ask Shane.  "I don't know, I think I must've done it in my sleep." I heard Shane lie. "I've never seen you do that before."Rick explained as he examined Shane's neck "Me neither, ain't like me at all." Shane said after Rick and T-Dog left Shane's side I went up to him
"Good morning princess, smells delicious." Shane said flirtatiously to me "Thank you liar!" Is all I said as I walked away from the kitchen area, leaving Shane catching him off guard

We were now in the main room were Jenner was telling us about TS19 who happend to be his wife. I was avoiding Shane for the time being, what can he possibly be hiding that he had to lie?

2hrs later

We were gonna die unless Jenner opened up the doors and let us out. Sophia and Carl were scared, I was sitting with them along with their mothers while the men were trying to get us out when I received the most blade twisting news. Dale had helped Carol and Lori move the kids to a safer spot since the boys were using their firearms while Lori was next to me, Shane would glance at us every so often.  "Ericka, I don't know if we're going to make it so I need to confess something. I made a huge mistake, one I deeply regret. Shane and I thought you and Rick were dead, we had a thing going on for awhile. We slept together.... I am so sorry.... I'm the reason why he has that scratch on his face, he was in my face, drunk, I had to put space between us so I scratched him. I am so sorry!" Lori says with tears in her eyes. I was in shock, I couldn't say anything, my heart was shatterred, I just got up and moved near Andrea... I didn't get a chance to mourn my baby girl and my friend Amy, now this is thrown at me.... I want to cry but not right now I have to wait till I'm alone. Maybe I'll stay behind and opt it out like Jenner says so Shane and Lori can be together.  Shane was looking at me,  he knew Lori had told me but he kept trying to open the doors to get us out when finally Jenner opened the doors. Everyone ran out including Shane who assumed I would run out too.
" I'm staying sweetie" Jaqui said to T-Dog ... "I'm staying too! I say not looking at anyone." ... " The hell you're not!" Shane said speed walking towards me... "You're the reason why I'm staying Shane." I say when Shane lifted me on his shoulders and ran out the top level... the other's were already in their vehicles when they were yelling at us to get down. The CDC was no more, Shane carried me to the jeep where he apologized over and over again about his affair with Lori. I was numb, completely numb. Shane and I are no more.