Forward

Everyone calls alters something different. We call them alters, so from here on out we shall use that term. (Other legitimate options exist, including but not limited to... entities, headmates, helpers, and parts.)

Dissociation naturally occurs from trauma, when the individual experiences a loss of control, confidence, choice, agency, and/or power. Dissociation is not always a choice on the part of the patient; often the amygdala response in the brain happens without their knowledge. Grounding can be hard for patients with DID, OSDD, or any Other Dissociative issues. Therapy should be used to gain these things back and learn new ways of coping with life and/or grounding oneself. Alters were created by the mind to help deal with trauma; it is not a deficit to rely upon one's system.

I got tired of finding websites that only gave ten options for different roles DID alters and fragments could fill, so I wrote my own!

NOTE: DO NOT INTERACT IF YOU ARE ENDOGENIC.

DID only occurs from repetitive childhood trauma; I will not tolerate any disrespect towards people with this condition. Any rude comments or messages will be deleted.

All writing belongs to me. I made all art used in this piece. I also made the cover myself.