Chapter 12: sympathy for the devil part 2

They had their guns infront of them as they approached the door to the storage unit. Although, (y/n) was still learning how to use a gun, he carried a rifle filled with rocksalt that Dean had given him. They weren't taking any chances as they don't know whether or not the demons were there already.

When the door was open they see saw two bodies on the floor, not moving. They kept their weapons raised, incase anything snuck up on them.

"I see you told the demons where the sword is."

Zachariah's voice rang out in the silence, causing Dean to jump in surprise.

"Oh, thank God. The angels are here."

Dean said, sarcastically as zachariah continued.

"And to think, they could've grabbed it any time they wanted."

He stepped over one of the bodies and used his powers to close the door.

"Right in front of them."

"What do you mean?"

"We may have planted that prophecy inside Chuck's skull but it happened to be true. We did the lose the Michael sword. We truly couldn't find it until now. You just hand delivered it to us."

"We don't have anything."

He sucked in a breath before revealing the truth to the hunters.

"It's you, chucklehead. You're the Michael sword. What, you thought you could actually kill Lucifer? You simpering was of insecurity and self loathing? No. You're just a human, Dean. And not much of one."

"He's alot better than you. You're no better than the things we hunt."

The angels looked at the half-breed, anger bubbling in his eyes. He knew that his family didn't know why he was acting different than usual. But he had realised that being innocent and kind all the time doesn't get you far in life.

"What do you mean I'm the sword?"

Dean redirected the angels attraction, knowing that it wouldn't end well if he didn't.

"You're Michael's weapon. Or rather, his receptacle."

"I'm a vessel?"

"You're the vessel. Michael's vessel."

"How? Why? Why me?"

" Because you're chosen. It's a great honour, Dean."

"Oh yeah. Yeah. Life as an angel condom. That's real fun. I think I'll pass, thanks."

The balding angel shook his head as he kept eye contact.

"Joking. Always joking. Well...no more jokes."

He made a finger gun and pointed towards Sam.

"Bang."

The sound of bones cracking echoed before Sam screamed and fell onto the floor.

"You son's of a bitch."

Dean spat at the angel.

"Keep mouthing off, I'll break more than his legs."

(Y/n) moved to rush to his dad but crumbled to the cold, hard ground as the sound of broke bones filled the room once again, along with his screams.

Dean glanced back at his brother and nephew who groaned at the pain.

"I am completely and utterly through screwing around. The war has begun. We don't have our general. That's bad. Now, Micheal is going to take his vessel and lead the final charge against the adversary. You understand me?"