Chapter 13: War

Sam stood at the doorway to Bobby's hospital room, (y/n) standing next to him as they both watched the man sitting in the wheelchair silently. Dean walked up to the father-son duo whilst holding a medium sized envelope.

"It's been, like, three days now? We gotta cheer him up. Maybe I'll give him a back rub."

"Dean."

"Well, what, then? Look, we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not bounce back this time."

Dean turned to look at the silent hunter as his brother asked about what he was holding.

"What's in the envelope?"

"Went down to Radiology, got some glamour shots."

He handed an X-ray image to Sam, as (y/n) looked at it from where he stood next to his dad. The image showed Dean's ribs with Enochian letters and symbols carved into them.

"Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

"Holy crap."

"Yeah, well, Cas carved you and the kid one too."

Sam handed him the x-ray result back when his phone started ringing.

"Hello? Castiel?"

"Speak of the devil"

"He's an angel, not a devil"

He looked at his nephew with a blank face before shaking his head.

"It's a saying, kid. We've really gotta teach you what metaphors are."

"St.Martin's hospital. Why, what are you-? Cas?"

He took the phone away from his ear and put it back in his pocket, confused as to why the angel was asking where they were.A few seconds later, the angel walked up the three hunters.

"Cellphone, cas? Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"You're hidden from angels now. All angels. I won't be able to simply-"

"Enough foreplay."

Bobby's grouchy voice cut off what Castiel was saying, causing the four to look at him.

"Get over here and lay your damn hands on. Get healing. Now."

"I can't."

The older hunter had a look of desperation and rage as he turned the chair to fully face the men in the doorway.

"Say again?"

"I'm cut off form heaven... much of heaven's power. Certain things I can do, certain things I can't."

He explained as he walked into the room, his radiant blue eyes never leaving the man in the wheelchair.

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap for the rest of my life? Shove it up your ass."

He turned the chair back around so he couldn't look at any of them.

"Well, at least he's talking now."

Dean said as he turned his head to look at Sam and (y/n).

"I heard that."

"I don't have much time. We need to talk."

Cas said as he walked closer to where Dean was standing. (y/n) drowned out what was being said as he walked over to Bobby, crouching down when he was next to him so he could be eye level.

"Uncle Bobby."

His voice was quiet as he didn't want to disturb the conversation that was already happening.