Chapter 3

"So... I'm stuck in an elevator with a serial killer, an old man, a 19 year old popstar, a sassy little 17 year old girl and my lovely wife," Blake mumbles, half asleep.

"I'm divorcing you as soon as we get out of here," Jade snaps, now using my dad's jacket to cover up.

"Consider it done," he snaps back.

Bradley looked like he was drowning in his own little puddle of sweat, which was disgusting. No one even acknowledged it except me. Something has to be wrong with him.

**

"Hello, can any of you hear us?" A voice asked from the speaker.

"Yes!" Jade stood up. "Help us, please!

We've been in the elevator for 12 hours. Some of us are doing better than others. Bradley fell asleep for the 12th time, my dad was still unconscious, I already took 2 naps and Austin kept staring at the wall, I'm assuming thinking. Blake had already gone insane and then back to sane. He was out, fast asleep, using the towel Jade once used to cover up as a pillow.

God, I hate that man.

"We're sending down some guys right now, they're gonna come through the shaft and pull out one of you. Every 12 hours, we'll be able to get someone else down and take one of you up. We're.. Low on equipment and people right now, sorry for the inconvenience."

"One person every 12 hours?" Austin groaned. "Why the hell does it take 12 hours to get one person down here? 12 times 6 people, that's 3 days. The last person's gonna be stuck in here for 3 whole days?"

"It's far more complicated than it seems, sir. I can assure you, though, that you will all exit safely and efficiently. Your safety is a very big concern of ours. When we send people down every 12 hours, they'll bring down some food and water for you guys."

"What if we need to piss?" Jade asked blatantly. "I can't get a bladder infection, sir!"

"We're sending down a bucket for you guys. I'm sorry for the conditions, but we're doing the most we can for you all. Can you all please come to a consensus on who will be exiting the elevator first?"

Jade looked at both Austin and me, then pointed her finger with an acrylic nail at us."I'm going first, bitches. We've already come to a consensus."

I wanted to suggest Bradley going first, because he was literally concerning the shit out of me. But arguing with Jade just wasn't the best idea at this point.

"Great! The first person should be down momentarily. Please be prepared. Again, sorry about the conditions, I'll check up on you all soon. Thank you!"

I sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I was trying so hard to conserve as much power as I possibly could on there, since I was almost positive I was the only one with a powered phone left.

Dad woke up suddenly, looking at each of us carefully before even speaking. "Did he touch you?" He asked me.

"Blake? No. Austin kinda made sure nothing happened."

Austin smiled. "He's chill now. I finally got him to relax, then he fell asleep."

"They're sending down someone to get me soon, just so you know. We already decided I'm going first." Jade examined her nails closely.

Dad simply sighed and handed her the knife he had in his pocket. "Take this with you, please. It's too dangerous to have it in here."

My dad seemed really lenient today. He would've already killed Blake with his bare hands by now, same for Austin. I kinda started to wonder why, but I'm not complaining.