Chapter 13

*Austin's POV*

My mom walked into my hospital room with her phone in her hand. I stared at her until she passed the phone to me, mouthing the words, "It's Blake".

I was nervous to answer. I knew he was with Brinley, and I was trying to keep things from them. Not that I really wanted to, but it was better. She already had so much stress that if I told her the truth, I'd only be hurting her. I made my mom tell her and the media that I was doing better, when I was really just getting worse as the days went by.

My mom would always avoid the calls and so would I, but apparently Blake called a million times and texted her saying it was an emergency.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked. I was so nervous to hear what he had to say.

"How are you doin', man?"

"I'm alright. I'm great. How are you and Brin?"

"Um, yeah, we have a problem. A really big problem."

"Shit," I whispered, pulling the phone away from my mouth. "Okay, what is it?"

"Alright, I think all of this is taking a toll on Brin, and she's mentally really fucked up. Like, really fucked up. She threatened to kill my little brother with a knife. Anyway, she snuck out last night at like 2am, and-"

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"My brother tracked her down, but-"

"Is she okay though?"

"He refused to tell me, so my assistant-"

"What the fuck, Blake just tell me if she's okay! That's all I care about!"

"No, she's not, we need your help."

I ran my hand through my hair and started to panic. "What do you need?"

"Okay, we got a text in the morning saying that whoever it is has Brinley and they want money or we can't get her back. It's a classic movie fucking plot in real life."

"Pay them then!"

"Thank you captain fucking obvious, I'd pay all the money I have to get her back, and I did. Having someone get kidnapped and killed, especially her, cause of something I didn't do would guilt trip the shit out of me. The problem is, your little psycho princess somehow told him about you, and he wants your money too. And until he gets it, who the fuck knows what he's doing to her. It'd be helpful if you'd be a little proactive with this, cause he wants to meet you in person."

"What the fuck? Why me?"

"I don't know, but she's in serious danger right now. My idiot brother decided to wait till now to tell me. He wanted to handle it on his own."

"Bro, I'm in the hospital still, how do I just leave?"

I heard Blake yell at his brother in the background of the call. "My brother will be by in 20 minutes. You better be ready. I'm... I'm freaking out, I can't handle this alone."

"Call the cops, Blake!"

"No, he's gonna fucking kill her if he finds out we did that or she'd be sent over to Alaska with her mom! Come on, you're fine, aren't you?"

I scratched my head. My mind raced while I panicked even more. I groaned quietly to myself while rubbing my eye. "Yeah. I'm fine. I'll... I'll be ready. I'm about to meet a criminal, do I need anything? Do I... Do I get a weapon or something?"

"What the fuck? No, man, listen. I get you're just a popstar, but you need to become a fucking super hero or something right about now, cause your girl needs you."