Chapter 58

"Alright, you can get up now," I said to him as I sat back on my heels.

"Ugh, I thought they'd never leave," Loki groaned as he sat up.

"Get rid of the illusion," I mocked, "it's kind of creepy."

He laughed as he let the illusion drop and the pale gray skin was gone. He still didn't look like himself and my eyes went straight to his chest where part of the wound was still open. I shook my head still in disbelief at the lengths he'd gone to ensure our escape. He'd let himself be stabbed to fake his death, once again. It was only our magic working together to keep him alive, but he'd have to keep the illusion up while we healed him. My panic had been real no doubt, none of it could go wrong. Thor and Jane had been none the wiser.

"Darling," Loki whispered, "I'm here," His gaze piercing into me.

"I know," I let out a sigh.

The sand around us picked up in a violent swirl. The storm was nearing, too close for comfort now.

"Come on," I said, getting to my feet, "We have to heal you completely and we can't do it in the middle of that storm." I extended my hand to him.

He hissed as he got up. His jaw clenched trying to mask the pain he was in. I brought his hand over my shoulder to allow him to support himself on me. He offered a soft smile in gratitude. I led us through the terrain towards a cave that was nearby, it'd have to do for the meantime. I had no doubt that Thor would end up stumbling across a convergence point with the worlds almost being at complete alignment at this point. Once inside the cave I brought Loki closer to the wall so he'd be able to prop himself on it and not strain to keep up. He did his best to not show how much his wound affected him.

"Here," I said softly, "Let me." I kneeled next to him, placing my hand on top of his. He hadn't stopped using his powers to heal himself, no doubt he was exhausted.

He looked up at me weary, but nodded and then let his hand drop. He inhaled sharply for that second the wound was exposed. My own power quickly began flowing through me working to weave the lesion. He tilted his head back letting it rest on the cave wall. I kept my attention on his injury, wanting to get him out of pain as soon as possible. I watched as the gold strands of my magic tethered together.

"You are exquisite," he half whispered. I looked up to meet his eyes. The gold of my magic glowing on his face.

"You are in pain. You don't know what you're talking about," I scoffed and lowered my head trying to hide the red creeping on my cheeks.

"Y/n..." Loki breathed.

He brought his hand to my chin, lifting my head to meet his gaze. I shivered as he held me there. He studied my cheeks, nose, brows, and then eyes. My stomach dropped as he so tentatively searched. If it weren't for his fingers resting on my chin I would've pulled away. He sensed that too. His attention then drew to my lips. My magic finished healing him and I placed my palm flat onto his chest, the gold glow leaving the cave. He began leaning towards me. I did the same, closing the space between us. I shut my eyes. He stopped, his lips grazing over mine.

"What are you doing to me?" he let out before surrendering his lips onto mine.

I kissed him back. Relentlessly and unapologetically allowing him to consume me. His hand reached behind my head only deepening the kiss. I brought both of my hands to the sides of his face, needing to feel more of him. I pulled back slightly placing my forehead on his, our breath heavy as we took in air. I opened my eyes seeing Loki already watching me. He was waiting for it, waiting for regret to show in my eyes or for me to speak it. It shattered me knowing he was thinking that. He was about to speak when I slid my leg over his body. Now straddling him, he froze. I brought one of my hands behind his head and similarly began to bring him in closer.