Chapter 23

Beautiful

Beautiful.

Y/n

"Jimin?!" I male voice was heard from my left side.

I look up in confusion, seeing a middle-aged man look directly at Jimin in shock. Jimin chuckles at a wide-eyed man.

What is happening?

Do they know each other?

"Hey there!" He friendly waves walking up to the man. "Long time no see, huh?" Jimin speaks in fluent English.

Here's the purpose I learnt English for... To eavsedrop on someone's conversation...

"I- I can't believe it's really you, man!" The male stood in utter shock, shaking Jimin's hand. "How have you been?"

"Good-"

"Damn, what happened to you? When did you become so handsome?"

Was there a time when Jimin wasn't handsome?...

"You just haven't seen me in forever, John," Jimin laughed in response.

"Yeah, you're right... How long has it been? Four years?"

"Yeah, about right."

Oh my god, is he going to introduce me or not?

Way to make me feel awkward...

"I thought I won't see you again. One day you suddenly dissapeared and didn't come back!" John said tilting his head to the side.

Was he here before? Did Jimin live in Hawaii or something?

"Yeah... sorry about leaving without a word," Jimin awkwardly scratched his neck.

"Nah, you're good, man," he waved his hands, signaling it's not a big deal. "Just happy to see you again."

"Yeah, me too. Kinda missed this place!"

"Who is this lovely lady you have here?" John suddenly turned his gaze towards me. I jolt in surprise.

"Oh, right," Jimin facepalms himself and walks over to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and bringing me closer to him in an awkward side hug. "That is my wife!"

"Are you kidding me right now? Since when are you married?!" John's eyes look like they're about to pop out of their sockets.

"It was arranged, John," Jimin explains, causing me to elbow him in the stomach.

"What are you doing, Jimin?! No one can know our marriage is arranged!" I whisper-yelled at my wincing in pain husband.

"Relax, Y/n," Jimin composed his posture. "He is a friend and I know he won't tell anyone."