Chapter 10

I took a few deep breaths before going back to our table.

I continued as if I never had that awkward conversation with Justine. It was difficult, though. Why you ask? Maybe because of the cold glares she keeps giving me from across the table. What’s even scaring me more is how she could change her emotions so fast. One second, she’s glaring at me, the next; she’s smiling wide and talking to Maia ever so sweetly.

Her words replayed over and over in my head.

“It’s for your own good. Just stay away from him.”

It’s either she’s just trying to scare the heck out of me, or she used to date Xander and now she’s all jealous because I’ve turned gorgeous and am now with Xander. Either way, it’s still kind of creepy.

As I was talking to Jenny, the football team passes by the cafeteria. They’re leaving really early for the semi-finals match. I hope they win so that there’s actually going to be a party later on this day and so that I could show off the new me. I hope it isn’t hosted at my house, but if it was...

The football players marched in two lines with coach Don leading. The cafeteria crowd cheered for the guys and the guys replied with a cheer back. Well, I don't know if you'd call it a cheer. It was more like a…Bark?

The guys wore face paint under their eyes that resembled a scratch from an animal. Their purple uniforms looked like it was shifting into different shades of purple because of the cafeteria lights. The tiger logo at the front of their jerseys shone bright. Yes, we're tigers. Northern Light Tigers – purple Northern Light Tigers.

Funny thing is, as the guys passed by I couldn’t help but notice Jenny’s hilarious expression – her eyes wide and not blinking, her jaw hanging open – gaping at the football players. Even when they were long gone out the door, she was still gaping.

“Jenny,” I call as I wave my hand in front of her face. No response. “Jenny, snap out of it.”

 I start snapping my fingers in front of her, first with one hand and then with two. No response. I start clapping my hands in front of her face - still no reply.

"Hello! Earth to Jenny!" I boomed near her ear and waved my hands in front of her eyes again. Still no response!? I turn to face the others. “Guys, I think Jenny’s stuck.”

I turn back to face Jenny and try to snap her out of it, again. Maia and Monica joined me while the guys gave out small laughs and Justine remained in her seat, watching us. We snap, we yell, we even started shaking her, we did all we could but she just won’t snap out of it.

“She’s seriously stuck! What’s up with her!?” Monica yells in frustration.

“Jenny’s still stuck!” I whimper.

"Oh, I once got stuck in between a fence. They had to break the fence for me to get out." Maia says mindlessly.

We all stare at her in confusion. Once again, she looked completely clueless and innocent.

"What does that have to do with getting Jenny unstuck?" Monica asks.

"Nothing." Maia answered as she played with strands of her hair.

"So...How are you guys gonna get her to stop...doing that weird face." asked Ace.

“Here, let me try.” Justine said, getting out of her seat.

Justine stood in front of Jenny, facing her right, and looked at Jenny's face.

“Sorry ‘bout this Jenny.”