A little Argument

After taking him to bed, James and Olivia were discussing among themselves about whether to take Toby to the factory or not. A very difficult decision since a lot of people are saying: "it's good for the kids!" whilst the other side of the debate would argue the Huggy Wuggy doll is creepy and terrifying. Of course, they haven't ever went to Playtime Co. but they have  reservations about the factory. 

It took quite a while before they came to a final decision. "No. We won't." Olivia added. "That's ok." James added. "But the only thing is... how will Toby react? When we tell him?" Olivia asked nervously. James gulped and set down his paper. I mean, the little lad has been obsessed with the Huggy Wuggy thing for weeks, but at the same time, wouldn't want to upset him. "I'll have a talk with granny. See what she has to say." he added. "I'll stay here with him whilst you're away." Olivia added. James went over to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "I should not be too long until I'm back." James exclaimed and headed out the front door.

~Time skip: 15 minutes later~

James pulled in to his right at the edge of the footpath, just directly outside Toby's granny's house.  He straightened up the car and slowly pulled it to a stop. He looked in the living room window to see the kitchen door open. Granny was walking from side to side as she was making her way to her rocking chair. James sighed and got out of his car. He locked the doors with his keys and headed into granny's house.

"Hello James! How are you?" granny called as she set down a magazine on top of a wooden table. "I'm good, thanks. How about you?" James asked and went to sit down on the sofa. "Not too bad, thanks." Granny added. James set down his pair of keys and took off his jacket. "What's happening?" he asked. "Not much today. Not much." Granny replied and gave him a warm and cozy smile. It was the kind of smile you could not turn down. "Anything exciting?" James asked. "Like I told you, not a thing. The place is dead." she replied. "Sorry! Sorry! my bad." James exclaimed. 

"No! No! Don't be sorry. I shouldn't have snapped." she said. "It's fine, it's fine." James replied. "You fancy a cup of tea?" he asked. "Sure. Why not." Granny replied. James pretended to smile and walked on out to the kitchen.

~5 minutes later~

He brought the cup out and proceeded towards Granny and placed it on her table. "Thank you, son." she added and took a sip. James sat down and smiled. He took out his phone to look at the time. "You do realize there's a clock up there?" granny said and pointed her wrinkly finger towards the object described on the wall. Even know it's broken for god knows how long, he still pretends it's functioning. 

"listen, mummy, there's something I want to talk about." James spoke. "Yes? Go ahead." Granny said and set down her cup of tea. "Have you seen the TV ad? about the 'Huggy Wuggy' thing?" James asked. "No. You have to explain." Granny replied. "There's a big 6 foot blue 'teddy' with big massive blue eyes, and a giant red lips." James added. "No. You need to tell me more." Granny added. "ok, I'll show you on my phone here." James said and pulled it out of his jeans pocket. 

He clicked on the video and set the phone down on granny's desk. She then started to watch the commercial.

"Wait. Isn't that the toy factory down the road?" she asked. "yes. with the big teddy or should i say - Huggy Wuggy." James replied. "It sounds fun. You should take Toby down." Granny added. "Wait. No no no no no." James added. "Why not?" Granny asked. "Well we have been thinking about it for quite some time. But at the end of the day, he's a growing lad. Doesn't need to go there." James explained. "But he wants to?" Granny asked. James sighed with disappointment and said: "yes." "so what's the issue?" Granny asked. "Well we've been hearing a number of people complaining about the factory, whilst on the other hand, a lot of people would argue it's the best thing that has happened to this town and is entertaining for the kids!" James exclaimed. "Well, if you'd asked me, If I were you, I'd take him for a visit!" Granny replied. "But why would you?" James asked. "Because he would absolutely love it!" Granny exclaimed. "Well hold on a minute here mum, let me stop you right there. The stories people are telling are ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SHIT AND ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LIES! how the hell would you ever believe in such word?!" James yelled. "Hold your horses boy! Don't get smart with me! This is your son we're talking about!" Granny shouted. "Don't get snappy with me! Do you want to see your grandson?" James barked towards his mum as he clutched his fists and his cheeks were turning red, like a bomb ready to detonate.

"Calm down there son. It's only one day. I mean, come on! You tell me that he has been begging for WEEKS to go to the factory? So take him there! Just this once as a one off." Granny suggested, trying to maintain peace and quiet in the room. James face turned rosy red. Well that's him told. "Because at the end of the day, he's only 7. Still a young chap at his age." "Alright. Alright. I'll think about it." James said as he went to open the door. "Aren't you forgetting something?" Granny asked. James turned around and saw her point to her cheek. He sighed to himself and kissed her on the cheek. "There you are." James spoke. "Thank you son. Have a nice day out." Granny called.