Nurses Jung and Hwang (A small sidenote)

If you read many of my books, you will notice this pair is one of my favorite little Easter eggs to put into stories.
I love this pair so much that outside of my OC's, these two hold my author heart.
I'm sure people would say it's impossible to legitimately love your characters, but I quite literally love these two.

I can't really pinpoint who they might have been modeled after.
I truly can't think of who I might have had in mind.
These two are my proudest creations.

Maybe it's the way they interact with one another.

Nurse Jung sometimes treats Nurse Hwang like a son she never had but mostly like a co-conspirator or best friend.
Nurse Hwang respects her as an elder and a friend who knows him better than he sometimes knows himself.

I find their physical differences to be a major part of their comedy. She's older and petite, and he is middle aged and massive. In my mind, I visualize Nurse Jung as a tenacious border collie, and Nurse Hwang as her English mastiff bestie. If I saw the pair walking down a hospital hall, I would immediately be in awe. 😂

I picture them reuniting at work on a Monday shift, Nurse Jung sharing her weekend escapades with a quiet Nurse Hwang over a small sack lunch in the nurses' lounge. He's eating a pb&j and she's having an egg salad sandwich. He munches quietly while she rattled off all the little details. When she finally ends her regaling of her weekend, she asks how his went and he mumbles something about his container garden and a new pet chicken.

I know I'm crazy, you do not have to tell me.

A couple of years ago (doesn't seem that long ago to be honest) I did a little drawing of how I imagined our favorite  nurses. I hope that I have portrayed them well enough that this matches your mental image of them. 💜

 💜