Chapter 3

YN POV

YN POV

I rest my head on my arms while I lay on my bed feeling bored out of my mind, I heard a knock on the door so I walk to the window to push it up and put my head out of the window to see Zoe wearing a large hat to cover her from the sun. "Hi Zoe, what are you doing here?" I ask her confused at what she's doing here first thing in the morning, the door opened to see my grandpa and he lets her in our home now, I guess I'll have to get changed.

I changed into my new clothes, ran to the bathroom, and check myself before I wreck myself, I check my breath everything including my hair, and run downstairs to see my grandpa near the stairs, "What did you call her here for first thing in the morning boy?" He asked me. "I don't know either, I'm about to find out." I replied before running down the stairs, "If you two do something that results in an injury, this sandal will come flying towards you." He threatened me and I immediately walk downstairs to avoid his gaze.

"Morning YN!" She smiled as I sat beside her, "Good morning, what are you doing here?" I ask her sitting straight to pay attention to her, "Well, I was hoping if I could visit you here... For today so I could practice..." She told me looking embarrassed. "Why not at your home?" I ask her confused, "My dad is drilling holes in the wall and other things that could take a while, My singing contest is in about two weeks prior, I wanted to go to my grandparent's home but it's a mile away." She told me.

"Oh, okay then." I replied standing on my feet, "You could use my studio, but have you dealt with stage fright?" He asked Zoe, Grandpa was eavesdropping on us from the stairwell with his head resting on his fingers as he stares down at us, Which made him look intimidating which made Zoe tell him that in fact, she has stage fright. He fixed his posture before walking down the stairs and opening the door, "Alright, You said you have a singing contest coming right?" He asked my friend who only nods in response.

"My house is not far from here so you pick, Stay here and I grab the things you need, or come along with me and use my studio there?" He asks us, we both look at each other excited for some reason, "Okay! We'll come with you." We both said in unison so he waves his hand to the door then into the car and we go to his house. It took a half an hour to get there then parked at a garage and we hopped off to see that he has two houses, "Okay, that there is my studio, Let's go." He points to it and we excitedly ran inside the building to see various instruments.

"Okay, you won't be able to hear anything outside here, I'll come to visit you again in about...lunchtime." He proceeds to open the door, "Almost forgot." He walks to a desk full of books and records, shuffling through them and he pulls out a book before dusting it off.  "Here's everything you need, You don't stress yourself out, It's only the first step and it will be hard." He hands it over to her before stepping out of the building, "You two will have a bright future if you wish to continue on with your dreams, Every little bit you make is progress." He says before turning his attention to me.