Chapter 9

Don't they know who I am? The doctor of the pope that's who I am

Making my way back home with my hands inside my pocket while blasting music through my earphones, I walked past other students who were minding their own business as they strut in their spoiled rich kid vehicles but I don't care about it, we all have our differences after all. I glance at the nerds who were walking to their bikes and riding on the way home while I, on the other hand, wait for my uncle, I spotted him putting his finger on some sort of scanner before grabbing a pen to write on the book.

He exchanged pleasantries with the other teachers before spotting me and approaching me, "Have I kept you waiting for too long?" He asked me as he strokes his red beard as he stands idly waiting for my reply, "Not at all, to be honest, I just got here." I replied which put a smile on his face before leaning towards me, "Are you afraid of heights?" He asked me out of the blue.

"Why are you asking me? Aren't we going to your vehicle?" I asked him as he pulls away looking around the parking lot, "Well you're right, that's pretty normal for those who don't have wings. But, I flew here." He says nonchalantly which leads to this conclusion. Is he going to grab me and fly off the ground? "You're not-" "Yes. Hold on." He suddenly grabs firm of me from behind and spread his big draconic wings before flying off with me trying not to lose my cool...but I lose my cool and started screaming while hearing my uncle laugh at me.

We soon arrived back at our grandpa's mansion of a house where we see him mostly on the front porch using a bow and arrow to hit his targets near the front flower garden, He noticed us and lay down his bow once we landed on the ground with him still laughing to himself. "I see you've had a fun ride in the sky." He says amused but he was immediately scolded by the grey fox, "Are you okay? You sit here and I'll get you something to drink." She told me and I thanked her before taking a seat.

She returns a few minutes later and handed me a drink, I thanked her again before taking a sip of it while the two had a competition with each other, "So, How's school?" He asked me, "Well, I kicked someone who tried to do something that comes with payment." I said making him laugh, "Funny, typical thing for someone to do this to the freshman who couldn't handle himself." He commented in a snarky way as he pulls the string of the bow. "You want your father to pick you up? Or want him to fly you there?" He asked me and I immediately picked my father to come to pick me up which cracked them up.

We arrived home with me slightly tired, that tiger from before, I think I remember him, Tony? Or was I mistook that tiger for him, I think so I just have to see it myself tomorrow and might as well give that tiger a little remembrance. "Time for dinner YN, also how's your day at school?" Mom asked me so I told them half of the story, not telling the first thing I did there was pick a fight, "I'm going to bed, I'm tired." I walk upstairs to my room and jumped to bed completely exhausted then snoozed off.

I got woken up in my beautiful slumber by someone shaking me awake, my vision was blurry but soon adjusted to see my little sister Celestine standing beside me on the bed, "What's the matter, Celestine?" I asked her as I sat up to rub my eyes to see her more clearly but I could already feel myself getting sleepy again. "I had a nightmare. Can I sleep with you please?" She gives me those puppy eyes but I was not having it, "Well, you can sleep it off, it's gonna go away." I said but it seems she doesn't like that as an answer, she pouts and started flickering the lights on and off which infuriated me.