Painting and Rings

Kurapika POV

Kurapika: Are you home?

🍆Mister Man💍: no why?

Kurapika: Just wondering.
Kurapika: What time will you be home?

🍆Mister Man💍: I'm not sure tbh
🍆Mister Man💍: probably around seven

Kurapika: Okay, I'll see you soon, babe❤️

🍆Mister Man💍 is typing...

I set my phone down and looked at the wall. I need to figure out what I'm doing, and fast.

Today is I and Leorio's second anniversary, and I forgot to buy him a gift. So, I impulsively bought a whole bunch of paint and decided to paint something on his bedroom wall. His roommate was in the other room and was happy to help whenever I needed it. But, he can't help until I know what I'm painting.

I was also planning on proposing to him tonight, but only if I get the wall done. If the wall doesn't get done, then they'll be a little problem.

"Zepile!" I yelled, "Can you come here real quick!"

Leorio's roommate walked into the room and leaned against the doorframe.

"Can you push the bed to the other wall."

Zepile nodded and walked over to the bed.

"Did you decide what to paint yet?" He asked whilst pushing over the mattress.

I shook my head, "No. I know everything he likes, but I just can't figure out what to put on the wall. I need to get this done by seven, but I'm aiming for six. I think I should paint something about his history, you know."

"Like the city he grew up in?"

"Yeah, exactly."

I crossed my arms and looked at the wall. There's so many options, but I can't pick one. Leorio likes soccer, big dogs (even though he doesn't have one), helping others, singing off tune, dancing, and etc.

"I'm surprised you're the one proposing," Zepile began as he sat down, "I thought Leorio would be the one to propose."

I glanced behind me at the man. I turned back to the wall and began brainstorming again.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

He shrugged, "He never stops talking about his much he loves you. Every time he came home from a date with you for the past year and a half; he list every time that night he wanted to marry you. Even on your first date, he came home and wouldn't shut up about how he 'found the one' and how much he wished he 'met you sooner'. You've been in the honeymoon phase since three months of dating. I only recall Leorio having two crying fits, and three anger fits from arguing with you."

"He cried because of me?"

"Because of arguments with you. He cried three other times because he missed you, and two times because he loved you."

"I knew he was emotional, but not like that," I laughed.

"He's just really in love with you, I find it sweet. I just don't like it when you're over at night, and you don't shut the fuck up when I'm trying to sleep. Or when you do it in the shower."