Missing Them

Third Person POV

Leorio silently shut the door behind him leaving stains of red on the pasty white. He locked the door with shaky hands.

He heard the sound of running of water and saw a bright light coming from the kitchen; Kurapika was still awake.

Leorio went around the living room and closed all the curtains. Even though it was dark outside, he didn't want to risk being seen.

Leorio heard the kitchen sink turn off.

Kurapika walked to the kitchen doorway and looked surprised at the sight of Leorio.

"Leorio?" Kurapika mumbled, "You shouldn't be here."

"I'm sorry," Leorio whispered, "I wanted to see you, and the kids. I miss you guys."

Kurapika looked upstairs wearily. After a few minutes he shook his head, "Leorio, you're violating a restraining order right now. He'll kill you if he finds out you were here– what's on your hands?"

"Blood."

"Why?" He sounded scared.

"I killed someone."

Kurapika stared at him and his body tensed.

"Just kidding, someone on the bus hit their head," Leorio pointed to himself, "Doctor on board."

Kurapika's posture loosened, "And you didn't think to wash your hands before you came here? Wash them now."

Leorio smiled slightly at Kurapika's remark. He missed that side of Kurapika, the side he fell in love with.

Leorio followed Kurapika into the kitchen and began to wash his hands.

"How are they?" Leorio said, "The kids?"

Kurapika shrugged, "They could be better. They miss you, a lot, especially Mateo. Even though it's been two years, they aren't too fond of Lucas."

"I'm not either," Leorio chuckled.

"He isn't a bad person," Kurapika handed Leorio a towel, "He just thinks you are. He doesn't want you near the kids, he's afraid you'll hurt them."

"He thinks I'll hurt them? He was the one that started the fight."

"And you were the one who took it too far. Leorio, you broke his nose and fractured his skull. I think that's a good reason to assume," Kurapika sighed remembering the past the events.

"Well, assuming makes an ass out of you–"

"You were almost charged with second degree assault, you're lucky you had a good lawyer. A very good lawyer."

Leorio shrugged, "I think he had a bad one."

"Rude."

Leorio glanced him, "I'm joking, you did fine. But not good enough. You broke up with me and then started dating your client."

Kurapika shrugged, "I honestly regret it, but we're married now. Have one kid, excluding the two I had with you."

"And yet you still want to fool around with your ex," Leorio smiled.

"Who said? I love Lucas, I married him."

Leorio didn't say anything and waited for a few seconds.

"But, I love you too. I don't think I'll stop loving you, but I don't think I should tell Lucas yet," Kurapika finished.

"You should, it would make him so upset, he's an asshole. He didn't have any right to file that restraining order against my kids," Leorio sighed.

"Which you're breaking right now, if Lucas comes home and sees you, he won't hesitate to call the police. I think you should go," Kurapika placed his hand on Leorio's arm.

"I want to see my kids, I miss my boys."

Kurapika sighed, "Okay, but don't wake them up."

Kurapika grabbed Leorio's hand and led him into the hallway and to the kid's room.

Kurapika slowly opened the door, "Mateo and Dante are over there, and my daughter Amour is across from them."

"Amour?"

"It's French."

Leorio nodded, "It's pretty."

Leorio leaned against the doorframe and smiled at his kids. He couldn't walk into the room, but he was happy enough to see them.

"How was Dante's birthday party? Did he have fun," Leorio asked.

"He wasn't allowed to have a party because he got in trouble at school, so Lucas didn't let him do anything. I baked him a cake and bought ice cream but that was it. I felt bad, so I'm throwing him a party next week," Kurapika sighed.

"Who doesn't let a kid have a party, that's dumb," Leorio stood up and shut the door.

"What time does Lucas get home?" Leorio asked as he walked into the hallway.

"Around," Kurapika looked at the clock, "Ten minutes ago, he probably stopped at the store to grab something. You should get going."

"Yeah," Leorio smiled at Kurapika, "Goodbye Sunshine, I love you."

Kurapika nodded, "Yeah, I'll try to get the restraining order lifted. Bye, Leorio."

The door opened before Leorio reached it.

"What the hell is he doing here," Lucas asked.

"Leaving," Leorio nodded, "Have a goodnight, Kurapika."