Chapter 8

The boat ride

"I think you got chubbier since the last time I saw you."-Claude

'Dude we met 5 day ago. What are you talking about?'

" hehehe, You look pretty too, Papa!" - Athy

The contrast.

Behind us Felix and Lily were looking super nervous. Currently me, Athy, Claude and the triplets are here near the lake. Claude greeted us by mocking athy, the triplets are simply staring at us. It was super annoying having to come here, I was having a nap. So far we have met up with Claude 2 times, those times Athernus was never present, Arthur would make friendly comments, Athy smiled brightly, Claude added a few words here and there or would simply stare, I do my best to ignore them and not make Claude angry either, Asher surprisingly has not even spoken a word after greeting us.

Regardless of how brightly Athy answered she was trembling alot and mumbling things in our mind-link. Its kinder scary how she can talk both outside and inside with different attitudes or moods. I think I only have the blank and occasionally sheepish mood. I'm envious. (Not really.)

Claude looked, or more like glared at us before turning around and saying, "follow me."

Felix, lily and Athy let out a relived breath with their hands on their chests, probably happy that there was no blood shed.

"I was on my way to the lake get ready to join me. "- Claude

"Your majesty I worry the princesses being around water is...,"-lily

"Whats there to worry about when thy are with me?" - Claude

'You! You are the problem here!'

"B, but..."-lily.

Athy grabbed onto lily to stop her from arguing, And as much as I would like to stay in the background I wont let lily get herself in danger. So l also grabbed lily's skirt and rubbed my face to show my distress.

"Don't you want to join me?"-claude

"Yep. Athy and Alex wanna join papa and big Brothers too."-Athy

'why are you taking for me?'

'Cause you wont say anything!'

"Really?"-claude

What's with the sarcastic tone. But I noticed one thing though when athy said big Brothers the three of them flinched only slightly but they did. Could it be.

....

They hate being called brothers!?!

Huh?

Did Claude just lift Athy up and placed her on the boat? And is reaching towards me?

Hell nah!

I as usual stepped back.

Everyone was looking at me with wide eyes, except Claude of course. But I don't care I'm not falling for any tricks today! I keep glaring at Claude daring him to pick me up. Already blocked athy from my mind so its peaceful there at least.

He is staying quiet. What's he plotting?

Suddenly i was picked up from behind and handed over to Claude.

Huh? Who?

Looking behind me while holding onto Claude's arms I saw Athurnus lowering his arms. While everyone was now staring at him. I gave him my most betrayed glare I could but the dudes made of steel or something. Didn't even flinch.