Chapter 11

Tea time

Alexandria POV

I was really tired from dealing with cloudy and his oldest two. Now finally we are going to bed. lily had already tucked us in our beds. Just as i was slowly drifting to sleep i heard athy.

"Lily, i want to hear a lullaby."

Lily who was about to leave glanced back at her before turning around with a gentle smile.

"Then shall i sing one for you?"

Lily sat down beside athy and gently patted her while athy smiled sleepily.

"When the night sneaks in, pick some flowers for my sake. The pretty stars smile, saying hi. Goodbye to the day. Tomorrow will bring a brighter morrow. So dream a pretty dream and sleep tight my child."

'As expected, what i sang cant even compete'

'true.'

'so rude... Good night alex.'

'Good night athy.'

As i was slowly falling into slumber i felt the gentle touch of a kiss on my forehead and a soft whisper.

"Good night my princess."

time skip~

"Thankyou for inviting Athy and Alex to tea."

Athy greeted Cloudy for both of us, doing an elegant yet cute curtesy that our new teacher taught us. I just silently followed her lead.

All the maids and Felix who were behind Cloudy were flushed because of Athy's cuteness. 

'How's that? Aren't we cute? We even practiced how to look cuter!'

'You did.'

I was ignored as usual.

"Felix."

"Yes, Your majesty?"

Tsk. I'm not even surprised he wasn't affected. But Athy had an unbreakable will she still greeted him with an excited smile.

The maids had dolled us up for this tea party that Cloudy changed the timing to 10 am, before it was held in the afternoon. Athy was wearing a white dress with white bow around her waist and one on the hairband with blue decoration and beige shoes while i was wearing the same thing but with dark blue decoration and boots.

I like these boots they are comfy.

Right now Athy was explaining to Cloudy about her dream which I'm 60% sure is made up.

Today it was only me Athy and Cloud, the trio had their swordsmanship classes. From what i know Arthur didn't know how to wield a sword and Athernus wasn't much interested so why? 

eh whatever I don't really care.

....

I do. 

I'm so curious arggghhh! 

But seeing as right now i could do nothing i simply munched on the cake in front of me not listening to anything being said.

"What about you?"

"huh?"

I looked up at Cloud with my spoon in my mouth, confused.

"What did you dream about?"

Hm? why is he asking me? Why does he always have to involve me into a conversation >:(

'Just make something up and tell him T~T. Don't just stare at him.'

'he is staring at me too.'

'ugh just tell him.'

'Fine ill just tell him my real dream.'

"I dreamt that i had a flying carpet and i packed my bags and took athy and lily with me to house in a fairy forest and we lived happily with the fairies."

"Fairies?"

"Yes! they are small and sparkly with wings and the can do magic! and the forest was soo pretty too the trees were black with purple leaves--"

Wait. Why the hell am i getting so excited!!

Suddenly embarrassed i stopped talking and shoved a big piece of cake in my mouth.

Both Felix and athy were giggling.

'Go on alex continue.'

'stfu.'

'hehehee, so cute!'

Cloud smirked slightly.

damn him.

I didn't say anything after that, only watched athy bother Cloud and act all bold asking for the tea he was drinking. Surprisingly he agreed.

"Let her have it. If she wants it, i won't stop her."

"wowie"

'why do you want it so much?'

'cause i am bored of eating cake with milk and honey.'

'....ok.'

One of the maids brought another cup and placed it in front of athy and filled it whatever Cloud was drinking.

Athy picked up the cup all happy and took a deep breath savoring looking all serious and taking a sip.

"heh!"

Both me and Felix chuckled at athy drinking all the serious.

'I did think it smelled nice, and i was right!'

"Athy likes it too! It feels like flowers are blooming inside athy's mouth!"

huh? what happened? why are they so shocked ?

 'eh? what? what's with this reaction?'

'I dunno?' 

"...I see you have taken a liking to it. It's called lippe tea. His majesty enjoys it as well. And lady Diana also enjoyed it. "it feels like flowers are blooming inside in my mouth," is what she said."

oh... Their reaction makes sense now.

"Mommy said the same thing as athy?"

"Yes."

"Lady Diana was the reason why his majesty started to enjoy lippe tea. Lippe tea's main ingredient, sanyu, only comes from siodonna. Ah, the lady and his majesty once had tea in this very place toge-"

"I do not have such memories. You are surprisingly chatty today. You are being too loud. Leave us."

"...Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire."

'What? So she's just a girl you used to know? what a jerk. he still keeping the other one's portrait.'

it really was odd afterall i know that he did love mother, even though it wasn't emphasized upon in the book, I know the real world.

"You're still young for tea. It would be best if you drank milk."

'tsk is he saying we're short?!'

'...ALEX! NOT! THE !TIME!'

'JEEZ! I got it ok  -_-'

"Hehehe. Athy likes milk too."

________________________________________________