Chapter 15

So, a lot happened after I returned to Ruby Palace. I told Athy and Lily about my new class, and they were both super excited-though I think Lily almost fainted. The very next day, Asher showed up dressed in his princely suit for our adventure. I made him change immediately into one of my shorts and a shirt. Yes, I wear pants-at that moment, I was in yellow shorts, a white t-shirt, and yellow sandals. Lily even found him matching clothes, and while we were both a bit disgusted by the coordination, we went along with it. After that, he was dressed in less formal clothes that still somehow matched my outfit.

(we think its lily and Anny's doing.)

Asher also told me while we were exploring opal palace, that Cloud had talked to his instructor aka the triplets bodyguard, Louise, about teaching me and that I'll start from next week (yippy!).

We wandered around the Opal Palace, which was completely white and where guests stayed. There were a couple of annexes, lush gardens, a small fish pond with a bridge, and plenty of sitting areas. It was so much fun! Asher was acting all proud and wouldn't venture off the paths, but I could tell he wanted to join me when I climbed a tree. We snuck through less crowded paths, hiding or running whenever we heard someone, pretending we were spies. All the while, we bantered about everything.

I was too proud to admit it out loud, but I felt free to be a kid with Asher. I didn't have to be on guard around him or worry about upsetting him with harsh words. I could let my guard down and just enjoy myself.

The next week was filled with tea with Dad, dinner with everyone, hours of bickering and fighting with Asher, studying with Athy, and a little bit of crying when I fell out of a tree (nobody knew because Asher didn't want to be scolded, and I was embarrassed about crying). Finally, it was my first day of class.

"Be careful princess. Anytime if you feel like you might get hurt or if it's too hard you should tell Sir Vega or me nothing matters more than your health, but its such a rough and dangerous class for you, my princesses are so young, you are bound to get hurt maybe i should talk to his maje-"

"NOO! u can't i want to do it. i asked father to let me because i want to try it, and ofc ill get hurt but you learn from your mistakes! That's what you always used to tell Ces."

Athy who was getting her hair brushed nodded along with my words, though slightly miserable because she had morning tea time with only Cloud. She had just woken up and had to leave in an hour. That was probably the only thing that i didn't like about our class how early it was.

I had gotten my clothes especially tailored for this class but it hadn't arrived yet something lily was quiet happy about until a maid from the sapphire palace arrived with Asher's training clothes, we were the same size. It also had a not that read "For lending me your clothes before."

'Huh he could just say he was too excited to have me join classes with him. No need to be so aloof.'-alex

'I don't think this much delusion is healthy.'-athy

'Shush!'-alex

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stepped into the training yard, my heart racing with a mix of excitement and nerves. The sun shone brightly, illuminating the array of knights already gathered and sparring, their swords gleaming in the light.

I spotted Asher demonstrating a swift maneuver to a group of onlookers, his confidence evident. A twinge of envy hit me, but I quickly shook it off.

'what a brat. showing off so early you can't even do much. hmph!'

"Asher!" I called out, striding over with determination. "I can't believe you're showing off already!"

He turned, a smirk spreading across his face. "Nice to see you made it, Goldy! Ready to embarrass yourself?"

"Watch me!" I shot back, fists clenched.

After I accidentally called him "Blondie" last week, we'd been stuck with these stupid nicknames that infuriated us both, refusing to use our real names.

The sun hung high in the sky as Louise, the triplet's loyal guard, stood at the edge of the training field, arms crossed and an unwavering gaze fixed on us.

'he is slightly intimidating.'

'who is?'

'GAAH!! you can hear me?'

'i guess since we are passing near the sapphire palace.'

Her voice was getting quieter so i hurried to respond.

'I'll tell you later focus on Cloud cuss him out for me!!'

'NO I WON---'

Damn she's loud, thank god they are far away now.

"Alright, you two! Ten laps around the field. Let's see if you can keep up! Stretching's first!" he called, his voice commanding but laced with encouragement.

Asher groaned, rolling his eyes. "Ten laps? Seriously?"

I couldn't help but smirk, already stretching my legs. "It'll be fun! Let's race!"

With a shared glance, we took off. As we ran, I glanced sideways at Asher. "You think Louise is trying to torture us?"

"Definitely," he replied, breathing hard but unable to hide his grin. "But it'll just make us faster! Besides, I think he enjoys watching us now suffer."

"What a bad, bad man, torturing poor little children," I said in a voice laced with mock sadness, pushing myself to go faster.

Asher cackled, his competitive spirit igniting as he pushed himself too.

We fell into a comfortable rhythm, the laps blurring together as we chatted about everything from training techniques to our latest adventures in the palace.

"Imagine if we could turn that old shed near the gardens into our secret base!" I exclaimed, my pace quickening.

"Only if we know for sure its not being used.'" he said, matching my speed.

"But its so dirty of course nobody is using it! We've been there 3 times now and never crossed paths with anyone!" I shot back, as we rounded another lap.

With each passing lap, our banter lightened the grueling exercise.

The more i spend time with them the more i think about my first life, what was the difference between then and now? what's changed?

"Just a few more to go!" Louise called out, watching us with a smile.

"Let's finish this shit!" Asher grumbled, we pushed through the last stretch, thoughts of water and rest fueling our final lap.

After that Louise made us do some more light exercises before telling me to watch Asher while he went to find a sword to match me. I watched Asher closely, trying to absorb everything he had learned over the past year. I didn't want to stay behind him forever, i was just starting and while I'll continue to grow stronger so will he.

I'll be so strong that nobody will be able to hurt me ever again.