Love trope - Bree and Sel

Sel plays the violin for bree<3 Also, may incude BLOODMARKED prolouge spoilers!!!

——

Bree's eyes snapped open as she breathed in the air in Nick's room. She had a heavy sensation in her chest, as she was flung back into her own body, not into the one of an ancestor.

Her chest felt like it weighted a hundred pounds, and her breaths were ragged. Her mind was racing, fully awake, even at that late hour of night.

Her cheeks felt hot, every part of her felt hot. It was like she took a both in a errupting volcano. Her shoulders sacked with the new found burden of Arthur's call. The burden of the whole world was suddenly on her, and Bree couldn't help to want it. She understood Nick even better then before, now. If he was here, he would comfort her, help her in every way he could. But Issac took him away. Away from here — away from her — and back to his treacherous father. Only the thought of Dr. Martin Davis made her blood boil and her fists clench. But, she would get him back, even if it was the last thing she ever did.

Bree stood up in bed, the reached a hand and whipped the sweat of her forehead. Her t-shirt was sticking to her chest, and back, heavy, but she did not have anything to change in here, with the exception of Nick's clothes. But it felt wrong for her to take his clothes without asking first. And he was not here, so she could not ask.

Bree slipped of the bed, her bare feet on the cold floor. She spotted her shoes thrown over at the other side of the room and quickly made her way over to recive them. And, just as she was putting them back on, the sound of music filled the room. Peaceful, beautiful, melodic. It was a pleasant  sound, it calmed her nerves down quite a bit, but whatever it was soon stopped. Bree could not help but feel a pang of disappointment as the music faded away. Still, everything felt wrong at the moment, so a bit of music would do no wrong.

Bree finished tying her shoelaces, then made her way to the door and slided it open as quietly as she could. And, just as she was preparing to knock at someone's door, the music began again. Bree followed the sound carefully — to not wake anyone up — and, to her surprise, it took her to a room in the basement.

Bree lingered in front of the door for a few minutes. She knew nothing of what will be waiting for behid those doors. It could be, very well, a blood-thirsty demon waiting to tear the skin of her bones. But, it could also be something nice, a distraction, to get her mind of things.

Bree raised her hand, and placed ut over the door handle. She took a deep breath, preparing herself for the worst, then opened the door.

Selwyn Kane was sitting on a chair, with a violin in hand. His eyes were closed, as if he was asleep, but his hands made the music continue. Bree almost let out a sigh of relief. A part of her felt like laughing at her own paranoia.

Bree watched Sel play for a few more minutes. He didn't seem to notice her, somehow, but Bree liked it like that. She only spoke up when he was done with the song.

"That song was beautiful." She said, making Sel turn towards her. He wasn't surprised to see her there, it was like he had been expecting her.

Bree felt warm under hus gaze. His eyes used to feel like fire on her, but now it felt more like a comforting heat. She didn't have any idea when that became a thing, but it didn't mean she didn't like it.