ch.5

.                       .                                            +                   ☾                    ◦                     ⬫                       ⢌                     ⁺                   ∘                ∵                      .                    +               +                ☾                        .                     .                      ∵                 ∘                          ⁺                   ⢌                  ⬫                       ◦                      +                     ☾                    .                  + 

an intoxicated middle man

tw ! swearing

                            .                       .                                            +                   ☾                    ◦                     ⬫                       ⢌                     ⁺                   ∘                ∵                      .                    +                     +                ☾                        .                     .                      ∵                ∘                          ⁺                   ⢌                  ⬫                       ◦                      +                     ☾                    .                  + 

LAVERNA and Rafe had been having the exact same thoughts running through their mind ever since they had gotten back to their houses from the beach clean up. They both were upset that they hadn't spoken to each other sooner, they were both happy that at least they were talking now, they both wanted to spend more time with each other and they both wanted to know more about each other.

Laverna had never actually noticed little things about Rafe that she had noticed yesterday. There's one little piece of hair that falls in front of his face perfectly, his words are sort of naturally slurred, he wears two rings, just stuff like that. Little things that Laverna would've never noticed if he hadn't been trapped in her mind.

The same happened with Rafe. He saw that her eyes were almost always covered by her hair, she fiddled with her hands a lot, she actually has a tattoo of a birthday on her forearm which just so happens to be JJ's and she only has one finger nail painted for some reason.

Laverna didn't know why she was thinking about Rafe so much. It was even affecting her work just slightly. Luckily for Laverna, she's good at multitasking. Her phone had been ringing for a few seconds and she just accepted it on time. This was the fourth time today that one of her clients had called her. Barry, Laverna's dealer, hadn't gotten Laverna her new shipment yet, so she hadn't been able to sell to everyone.

These calls were coming in all day when she got home from the beach and even the next day. Laverna's been busy all day, writing down who needed what, working out how much certain things would cost and she didn't even have the right amount of drugs. Which was pissing her off, so Barry was going to pay.

Laverna was calling Barry on speaker as she was getting changed. Laverna put on a green halter top and white jean shorts with a black and white Hawaiian shirt and her black converse. When Barry didn't answer, she was fed up, so she went out to her black Jeep and drove over to Barry's house.

It was a run down place that was just crawling with drug addicts. Laverna stepped inside, but she passed JJ's father as she did so. He glared at her as she walked by and she did the exact same. They really did not like each other.

Laverna got whistled at and cat called by different guys as she walked through Barry's house, but she didn't care right now. Laverna just wanted what she was owed.

Laverna walked through Barry's house until she reached his room where she heard him talking to someone. She bursted into the room and immediately drew one of her throwing knives. As soon as Barry saw her, he knew that he was in trouble. "Oh shit."

Laverna pushed him against the wall and held her knife to Barry's neck. "Where the hell is my stuff? I've been getting called for two days! One of them showed up at my door, Barry! Give me what I'm owed."

"Chill, girl. I have it, I have it." Laverna flicked his forehead before she stepped back to give Barry room. "Yeah, you better. Not once have I been late on my clients and I don't intend on starting now."

He went in his closet to find Laverna's duffel bag. He always had one specific for her since she's his best seller. Laverna looked beside her to see who was in the room and there she was met with non other than the guy who hadn't left her mind. Rafe Cameron.

"Why are you here?" Rafe went to say something, but it was clear that he really didn't want to, which was when Laverna remembered what Rafe had told her the first time they talked. "Oh right, you're a junkie."

"You know I don't like it when you call us that." Barry said as he put another duffel bag on his bed.

"Well, when you stop being a junkie, I'll stop calling you a junkie." Laverna informed as she grabbed the duffel bag.

"I really hate you sometimes." Barry jokingly insulted as he opened the first duffel bag, which Laverna assumed that he was giving a portion to Rafe.

"You love me. Rafe, we gotta hang out more." Rafe nodded his head from the chair he was now sitting in. "Yeah, I'll stop by tomorrow or something."

Laverna sent him a small smile, but of course, Barry had to ruin the nice moment. "Ooooh, country club and basket case goin' on a lil' date."

"Shut up, Barry." Laverna said with full seriousness before leaving the room. Barry laughed at his own attempt to make them uncomfortable because for some reason he found that amusing. He zipped up the duffel bag as he warned Rafe, "Good for you, man. I mean, I think she's fuckin' annoying as shit, but Lav's hot."

"It's not like that." Rafe informed as he caught the duffel bag that Barry threw at him.

"Well, lucky you 'cause man, she is crazy. But anyway, two days. Remember that." Barry reminded.

"Two days." Rafe confirmed before leaving the room as well. He got back on his bike once outside and made his way back to Figure Eight. However, the entire ride up there, Rafe couldn't get that one thing out of his head. She is crazy. Rafe knew that Laverna was independent and a little unpredictable, but he wouldn't use the word crazy to describe her. Which just showed really how much Rafe didn't know about Laverna Valentine.