Not Safe and Secure

As I was driving home from, what I thought was a pretty successful audition, my mother rambled on how "you can't be an actress forever. You know all these jobs you get, well you are not going to get that many as an adult. I don't care if you act, and I support your dessicions but when you go to college you need to go for a better paying career. Don't think you'll be living in my basement for the rest of my life!"

She says she supports my decisions, but her tone of voice tells me she doesn't. Okay, we may not be the richest people but at least I am trying to do something with my life. Acting and singing are my passions and I personally think I am good at them. If you look at it from my view point I am being the best I can be but it is never enough. Strait A student, sucessful acting/music career, and I had a part time job at a grocery store. Constant screaming and yelling at me and misunderstanding. I am not exactly beat but I find I find what my mother does as verbal abuse. I have had enough of it in 6 months I  will be going to college and never have to deal with this life again.

But I needed to get out sooner, I couldn't wait one more year. Ever since my father died my mother has been bitter. My father died when I was 13. She acts as if it was my fault that he is gone. How it happened (how he died) doesn't matter now, now what matters is getting out of this place I call "home" and discover what/where my real life is.

When I got home I wrote a letter, a plan, and packed a some bags and waited until my plan could be fulfilled.

When I realized my mother was asleep I went through the contents of my bags again. I made sure to pack everything into 3 bags and a backpack. In the first I had all the toiletries and hair supplies. The second bag was insulated and I planned to grab food on my way out. This wouldn't last long but it would last long enough to get me through 1 or 2 days. And in the third bag I packed clothes, for warm and cold weather. And in the backpack I put my music, all my money from my job, my journal (and a pen), my phone, laptop, chargers, and a picture of my family when I was little, when things were happy. It was a picture of a time when my family was whole. Then I brought my guitar and a battery powered, wireless microphone and a small wireless speaker, that connected to the microphone.  I would have to carry the speaker and the guitar but everything else went into the backpack.
At midnight I creeped down stairs and packed perishable items in the insulated bag and non-parishable ones in my backpack. Then I left my goodbye letter on the kitchen table and left.

The first part of my plan was complete. Getting out and running away.

A/N Remember Comment.Vote.Add
hi readers! I added photos to my chapters to make them better and they relate to the story so I hope you like them.

Until next time,
EEK